Landscape Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landscape Ideas

Yesterday I got home and was instructed it was time to redo the flower beds. I didn't want to, but agreed it needed to be done! We were the red necks on the block ripping up bushes with the truck but it got the job done... now that we've opened it up I was wondering what ya'll suggest doing. Wanting short,low maintnance, easy stuff. Gonna go by the nursery this afternoon, so I want some suggestions from the GS before I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already looks a ton better with those box woods out of there! Have been working on mine also. We have went with lots of different things with a variety of colors and not too tall. I would suggest to read the tags for height and space needed. Talked the wife out of going back with mulch because of the yearly removal and replacement. We will be putting down the crushed granite soon.

Comment

I would add purple fountain grass to the bed by the house , re do the aztec grass and finish up with some petunias in all beds with different color.Top off with fresh coat of mulch.

All low maintenance and would look great.

Comment

I was in the same boat......sort of......anyway, we ended up going with flower beds full of Gardenia bushes with a few well placed Hibiscus trees for good measure. She also wanted a trellised Jasmin in there as well . In a separate flower bed on the other side of the sidewalk that leads up to our front porch we put Knockout roses and 1 Dwarf Rose bush
        Ill get my wife to text me a pic of it so you can see how it turned out

Comment

Those were actually holly bushes. We are thinking about going with a mix of small dwarf box woods with some type of flowers in there as well. I'm going to knock those cratemertles out of there and attempt to replant in the backyard. I'm going to knock down as much of dirt around the 2 trees as I can so that some grass can grow. They have it built up 12-18" around those trees.

Comment

I would just plant some grass where all those shrubs were and put a couple big pots on the porch. Looks much nicer without anything there.

Comment

Right on front porch a hidden water cascade along with some plants would look great bro, besides they´re so easy to build, check youtube and you´ll notice that, nice house by the way

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
                I would just plant some grass where all those shrubs were and put a couple big pots on the porch. Looks much nicer without anything there.
                This is exactly what I would do. Run weed eater and mower and u r done. No pulling weeds. I like easy and simple

Comment

Agree. ditch the flower beds and add sod - give that baby more room to play around. if you get the right pots for the porch, you just drop in the container flowers and change them out every month or 2.

Comment

Boss is demanding something other than San Augustine to fill the void. I also think that our HOA requires us to keep up our landscaping. Can't just have grass.

Comment

here is the pic of what mine looks like after removing the Japanese Boxwood stuff and adding the gardenias, hibiscus, jasmine, knockout roses and dwarf roses (which is just out of the left side of the picture. Add in Old Glory, a few solar lights and a bird bath......looks pretty decent. Of course they still need to fill out a bit and start blooming, itll get better
                      Attached Files

Comment

Look into dwarf Pittosporum as a low hedge and low maintenance(at least in west tx they are). mix in some bronze leaf begonias and a purple-leaf loropetalum(Chinese fringe flower) I see you are in Beaumont so gardenias, azaleas, hydrangeas should all do well I would think and give some nice color. Go to a local store instead of a big box. they usually have more info on what to do and can point you in the right direction, at least that's what we try to do at my nursery.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Tidal Wave Petunias.

Comment

Get with the guy that’s trying to get rid of the fiberglass boat on here. Win win for both of y’all.

Comment

Working...
                              X