Residential Fence $$$/ft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Residential Fence $$$/ft

How much should I expect on $/ft cost to build a residential fence in NW Houston / Tomball?

6’ height w/ 2x6 rot board on bottom. One gate.

JWB '04

I was shocked at what fence companies are charging for privacy fencing. My neighbor just had his done here in the Austin area, so I chipped in for my part. He showed me quotes from three companies, prices were $20-30/linear foot for standard old privacy fence. Total bill for his small yard was like $6500. Took three guys a day and a half to do it and they were on to the next one.

Comment

Yup, about $25/ ft

Comment

Sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thats about right if built right. i charge around $20-$25 a foot

Comment

Got your PM Justin...

Thanks for replies. I need to talk to neighbors about it.

JWB '04

Comment

Originally posted by TxAgBowHntr View Post
              Got your PM Justin...

Thanks for replies. I need to talk to neighbors about it.

JWB '04

Not a problem! Anybody else who has questions pm me! I’ll go anywhere within reason from the woodlands!!

Comment

I need some new fencing myself. I did receive a quote for fencing on the left side of my property. This did not include about 25’ that was already a a new section. The cost was $1400. If I were to do my entire fencing it would be around $5200 is what I figured. I basically have four neighbors that back of to some portion of our backyard fence. Going to approach a few of the others to share the cost.

Comment

Wood privacy- $16 a foot for builders. $20 on up for home owners. I believe insurance pays $25 if the fence is blown over/destroyed and price includes haul off of the old fence...

Comment

$18-$20/lf

Comment

I built mine with two gates for around $3500 dollars, which came out at about $16-17/ft. That being said, I over built it compared to what I would have got from a builder. My price also includes tools I bought for the build. I was quoted at $27.5/ft for a 6’ tall privacy fence, with a 2x6 rot board, and one gate.

Comment

Just make sure you compare apples to apples and they do what they say they will. Builder grade fences are cheap and a POS. My sisters house the cheap fence used landscaping timbers for posts and they were only suck in about 18-24". I'd do metal post all the way.

Comment

Working...
                        X