Question for motorcycle riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for motorcycle riders

What's the coldest temps that you will ride in? I usually don't like to ride under 50 degrees. Its supposed to be in the mid to high 40's but beautiful in the afternoons for the next few days. It's a 90 mile round trip to work and I'm trying to talk myself into toughing out the morning ride.

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
    What's the coldest temps that you will ride in? I usually don't like to ride under 50 degrees. Its supposed to be in the mid to high 40's but beautiful in the afternoons for the next few days. It's a 90 mile round trip to work and I'm trying to talk myself into toughing out the morning ride.
    See how you feel in the morning.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe you should trade that bike in on a minivan?

Comment

I usually leave it at home unless it’s in the 50s in the mornings.

Comment

I did low 30's in Colorado once on accident....brrrrrrrr!!!! usually mid 40's is my limit!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Maybe you should trade that bike in on a minivan?

Ouch. When I lived in Indiana a coworker road every day, even in the snow. Now that may be extreme.

Comment

Yah I like to enjoy my ride...much under 50 degrees on a 45 mile ride in the dark isn't exactly the most comfortable. If I had a windshield it would probably make a difference. I've never had a bike with one so I don't really know. I'll see what it feels like in the morning. I was just curious about other riders and where they drew the line.

Comment

25* is about my limit. But, I live in Minnesota and if I did not ride on those mornings I would lose a lot of riding days!

Comment

-1 first day of ski season in Denver is the coldest. Strapped my skis and boot bag on my Goldwing and headed to Keystone/A Basin.
                  I have an electric vest that is comfortable down to low 50s.
                  Last edited by 41Chevy; 03-05-2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
                    -1 first day of ski season in Denver is the coldest. Strapped my skis and boot bag on my Goldwing and headed to Keystone/A Basin.
                    I have an electric vest that is comfortable down to low 50s.
                    I have full suit of elect. , pants and jacket but when I'm on a road trip and ride all day in the cold I still get chilled to the bone. They work good on shorter trips..

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have ridden in the 30's and 40's. Harley Davidson's love cold weather. My cold weather gear is good. The Mrs. and I love to ride.

Comment

If you guys are cold in the 50's, you need better riding gear. Its no different than hunting. You need a good wind blocker and then layers under that. I used to ride scramble races on my 426 and we rode a few in freezing conditions and with the right gear I was good to go. It was also a lot more work than just cruising so keep that in mind. That windshield make a huge difference, so do the wind deflectors on the lower portion of the front fairing. My Hayabusa was a much colder ride all around than my dads Valkyries.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                          If you guys are cold in the 50's, you need better riding gear. Its no different than hunting. You need a good wind blocker and then layers under that. I used to ride scramble races on my 426 and we rode a few in freezing conditions and with the right gear I was good to go. It was also a lot more work than just cruising so keep that in mind. That windshield make a huge difference, so do the wind deflectors on the lower portion of the front fairing. My Hayabusa was a much colder ride all around than my dads Valkyries.
                          ^^^This^^^

Ride on an airboat with temps in the 30s. It's cold but with the right gear it can be done. Look up a wind shield temp. table and you can guesstimate the temps you will need to prepare for.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                            Perfect riding weather!

I've rode mine everyday for several years when it was my only means of transportation to work. I had to ride it in all weather conditions.

Comment

Chaps and a windshield are worth the investment. Adds on so many days of beautiful riding.

Comment

Working...
                              X