Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
Sasquatch Ag 95
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas
Default Mahindra tractors??

Looking to purchase a tractor soon! Can anyone tell me about the Mahindra's? Seems to be a cheap tractor, just not sure about reliability.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
Sasquatch Ag 95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Sasquatch Ag 95
Ten Point

Anyone....
Old 03-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
rubydog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: A tall tree

I own a 2004 35 hp for shreding, disking and such and have had no problems what so ever. They have the same motor in them as the old international tractors. i am told that now there is no tractor under 70 hp made in America. Good luck..
rubydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
one66stang
Ten Point

Hunt In: Big Lake , Tx

I have a 5500 and have used it A LOT , No issues at all.
one66stang is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
BvR
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wood

bump hope you get one soon.
BvR is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
Uncle Saggy
Pope & Young

Mahindra is an awesome tractor...here's my opinion....check ot the "LS" line of tractor.....Certain lines of Mahindra, Branson, Montana and New Holland are made by LS (LG).....Recently purchased an LS 3010, 30hp, 4wd, fel, 5 year bumper to bumper, zero deduct.....13,900
Uncle Saggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
Sasquatch Ag 95
Ten Point

Thanks for the info!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
Sasquatch Ag 95
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BvR View Post
bump hope you get one soon.
I bet you do
Old 03-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
Double Rods
Ten Point

Hunt In: Huntsville, Tx

They are basically an old international and I've never heard a bad word about them!
Double Rods is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2011, 12:30 AM   #10
John A.
Four Point

Hunt In: Willianson County Tx

Guys, Minhindra Tractors North America, All come to the Port of Houston Texas, Then to
to their distribution point In the Tomball area.
The minhindra dealer at Liberty Hill TX, (Bills Tractor) is the largest dealer for Minhindra in the Nation. Good people to get to know!
Yes Minhindra started their tractor line with one of IHs old tractor designs it was a bullit proof tractor they improved on that design and kept the same toughness in the new designs as well.
3 yrs ago I priced a open station 62 hp MFWD front, with a loader it was around 22K.
hey just do not seem to break down. Unless you have a JD, CIH, Ford, Massey, dealer less than 10 miles from your house then get the Minhindra
Hope this helps.
Later,
John A.
John A. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #11
Redneck Archer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Michigan and Kentucky

my buddy got a mahindra a few months ago. been pretty good so far. only problem he is having right now is the fighting above the tranny seems to have come loose, and is leaking. but its got a warranty, and he got his from bills tractor down here in china grove.

its a 55hp. the only thing that sucks about em is under the texas sun they will turn pink

Redneck Archer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #12
dallred
Eight Point

Hunt In: Foard County

Mahindra also built military jeeps for U.S. in WWII. They have a good service record. I have a friend who swears by his Mahindra.
dallred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2011, 09:00 AM   #13
blhaley91
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mason/Van Horn

I bought one last year. Have owned tractors for a long time, and it is a great tractor. If I were to do it again I would get a 4x4 model.
blhaley91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #14
arcfiddler
Four Point

Hunt In: Finally inside the high fence
Default Mahindra

I have a 2010 Mahindra 8560 4x4 and its a beast. Did have a couple minor issues early on that in my opinion were due to lack of final assembly inspection.

Wire to the injector pump kill solenoid was wrapped around the throttle cable which eventually came undone and had me scratching me head in the pasture for a few hours.

One radiator hose connection was loose. Other than that no issues other than my local dealer doesn't sale them anymore. Evidently a Knox tractor in Houston is under pricing everyone else and they couldn't compete.

I found a billstractor.net which is an awesome place for mainetance items. I ordered everything ( engine oil, hydr oil, filters) from them in a complete no hassel kit and it hit my doorstep in less than a week from ordering it.

I was down to this tractor and a kubota before I decided to cut loose on the money.

Good luck.
arcfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #15
macdad
Eight Point

Hunt In: anywere

My dad has an older one 3505 di. Very good we used it for shredding and discing at the deer lease. He is trying to sell at this time since we no longer have a lease. Tractor , 5ft shredder and 6ft disc. PM me if you want info.
macdad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #16
jetlag887
Ten Point

Hunt In: McMullen County, Northern Kansas

I have owned two of them and LOVED them.
I first bought a 3510 4x4 with loader. Used it for 4 years then wanted a bigger one and sold it. Next bought a 4500 4x4 with loader, used it for for a few years and decided I wanted a cab tractor. At that time Mahindra didn't build a cab tractor in the size that I wanted so I went with a 70 horse Kobota, HUGE MISTAKE. I hate the thing, it rides rough and I tore the bucket off it trying to pull a truck out of the sand the first week I had it. It's just cheap made and expensive.
I have owned several tractors of different manufactors and Mahindra has my vote by far.
Tough, comfortable to operate machines, reliable and cheap to buy.
A down side to them is their resale. I have bought and sold alot of tractors at the big auction in Idabel Ok and have seen near new Mahindras come through for 1/4 the price of a new one. Mahindra is just not a household name (yet) like John Deere or Kobota and they don't bring the money as the others do. That will change with time though!
jetlag887 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #17
rubydog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: A tall tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag887 View Post
I have owned two of them and LOVED them.
I first bought a 3510 4x4 with loader. Used it for 4 years then wanted a bigger one and sold it. Next bought a 4500 4x4 with loader, used it for for a few years and decided I wanted a cab tractor. At that time Mahindra didn't build a cab tractor in the size that I wanted so I went with a 70 horse Kobota, HUGE MISTAKE. I hate the thing, it rides rough and I tore the bucket off it trying to pull a truck out of the sand the first week I had it. It's just cheap made and expensive.
I have owned several tractors of different manufactors and Mahindra has my vote by far.
Tough, comfortable to operate machines, reliable and cheap to buy.
A down side to them is their resale. I have bought and sold alot of tractors at the big auction in Idabel Ok and have seen near new Mahindras come through for 1/4 the price of a new one. Mahindra is just not a household name (yet) like John Deere or Kobota and they don't bring the money as the others do. That will change with time though!

That green paint is also very expensive, even if it covers up another manufacturers name just like caterpilar and JD heavy equipment..
rubydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top