No announcement yet.

Slow Drivers Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I jest. Honestly once your slow *** is out of the way I never look back.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
      Signs also say slower traffic keep right so your argument is null and void sir!
      What don’t you understand? If the speed limit is say 75mph that is the MAXIMUM speed you may drive and be within the law. So if the right lane is for vehicles travling slow that would mean vehicles traveling slower than posted speed limit that could be 70,65 or even 72 mph.

The left lane is for passing only so if I’m driving 75mph I will be driving the maximum speed that the law says I can drive. Being in the passing lane I would be passing all vehicles in the right lane traveling at a lesser pace. Why is this concept so hard to understand for people?

Do stop signs mean stop or do what ever you want as you approach an intersection?

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
        Nah, cause immediately when you pass me mad on the right I change to the right lane....which in turn lets you know I saw you riding my bumper but didn't care.
        You win! I love that move.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          What don’t you understand? If the speed limit is say 75mph that is the MAXIMUM speed you may drive and be within the law. So if the right lane is for vehicles travling slow that would mean vehicles traveling slower than posted speed limit that could be 70,65 or even 72 mph.

The left lane is for passing only so if I’m driving 75mph I will be driving the maximum speed that the law says I can drive. Being in the passing lane I would be passing all vehicles in the right lane traveling at a lesser pace. Why is this concept so hard to understand for people?

Do stop signs mean stop or do what ever you want as you approach an intersection?
          regardless of whether I speed or not, the law states that the left lane is for passing only. So if you're passing slower traffic then by all means use it to pass. The issues are with the people that take it upon themselves to try and enforce the law by breaking another one and staying in the left lane insted of getting past the slower right lane traffic.

Comment

So once you get around everyone do you move over to the right lane or stay in left lane?

Comment

Move right.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
                So once you get around everyone do you move over to the right lane or stay in left lane?
                Usually do move back to the right lane. If there is a lot of cars in the right lane I will ride the left rather than weave back and forth between the lanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                  try driving 200+ miles a day in the oil patch out west. the light duty trucks drive 100 mph and the big trucks are usually governed at 65 and will travel in convoys.

And refuse to use the shoulder, they would rather endanger everyone by making you pass in the oncoming lane....

Comment

Slow Drivers Rant

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post

The law nor the posted signed refer to the posted speed, they simply state passing so unless you are in the act of passing another vehicle move over. Even if it wasn’t law this should be done out of common courtesy, or so my Granddad taught me.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      And refuse to use the shoulder, they would rather endanger everyone by making you pass in the oncoming lane....
                      that there is plain BS... endanger everyone? give me a break.

you pass when it is SAFE...one it is illegal to drive on the shoulder and two...depending on the location...dangerous and throws up debris on the road.

you need to stay off the **** roads bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        that there is plain BS... endanger everyone? give me a break.

you pass when it is SAFE...one it is illegal to drive on the shoulder and two...depending on the location...dangerous and throws up debris on the road.

you need to stay off the **** roads bud.

1st I never suggested doing it when dangerous. 2nd I challenge your view of legality. 3rd your debris idea is complete BS

I was taught to be courteous and move over and let others pass, this is much safer than going 10mph under the posted speed enraging people till they make questionable passing decisions.

And yes I follow this, when I’m empty and running I expect people to let me around and when I’m loaded I don’t hesitate to move over and let people around, it’s simple common courtesy

Comment

I try to set my cruise 5-10 over. I get over in the left when I need to pass, then back to the right. If I’m in the left and someone comes speeding up behind me, I will get over in the right to let them go around..... unless the cars on the right are going slower than I’m going, then the speedster behind me will have to wait until I can get over in front of those cars.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            If they are moving faster than the normal flow of traffic that's where they should be. Most highways 75 puts them passing most drivers. If you want to be honest distracted drivers cause the most accidents followed close by impatient drivers that do not keep a safe distance to car in front of them.
                            ^ This right here.

Comment

Usually do move back to the right lane. If there is a lot of cars in the right lane I will ride the left rather than weave back and forth between the lanes.

Have you ever asked your gal if shes ok with you taking 10 minutes to sit down to urinate?

Comment

I don’t care about that as much as I do this. If I’m driving on a main road and someone’s turning off a side street onto my road and in my lane. And they decide to turn in front of me, FLOOR IT!!! I hate it when they pull in front of you and just putz along causing you to slam on your brakes. But I make sure they can see my brushgaurd in their mirror when they do that

Comment

Working...
                                X