No announcement yet.

Spring has sprung !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're having a hard time turning wheat under them I've got a tractor you can borrow, but I don't thing your disc will cover the tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, you can't get between my trees ! ^^^^^^^

Comment

Finally decided it was warm enough to plant peas. Two plots planted today, one about a third acre, the other about a half acre. Timber cutters are in now, so another plot can't be planted for spring, but the deer density on this place is low, so I have high hopes that they won't eat them up before they take off. They didn't last year, but we're seeing a few more deer now that I'm planting plots in spring and fall.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is why I need a front loader on my tractor Seems like my backhoe is always somewhere else when I need it !
          Attached Files

Comment

This was in my drag when I unhooked from it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Sprayed 50 gallons of gly mix today on three different plots at my Mt. Enterprise property. These are the same plots pictured at the top of the thread that I turned under about five weeks ago. Very few weeds, but I'm trying to eliminate all I can. This plot pictured was the worst for pigweed. In the next ten days or so, I'll lightly disc and plant iron clay peas.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great looking plots. I love that tractor, it is exactly what I'm looking to buy. Has it been a good tractor? Anything you would do different?

Comment

Originally posted by stxslayer View Post
                    Great looking plots. I love that tractor, it is exactly what I'm looking to buy. Has it been a good tractor? Anything you would do different?
                    It has been an excellent tractor. Bought it in 2004, and has had two batteries, one idler pulley, and two lift cables replaced. Also had the clutch cable replaced but I broke that on a stump that I didn't see until it was too late. Very good on fuel, uses no oil, but I maintain it pretty well.

Things I would do differently: Front end assist and front end loader. At the time I bought it, I had one place to mow and plant on, and I had a backhoe and dozer handy. Now, I food plot on four different places and my backhoe is seldom where I need it. I almost didn't get a cab, cost was $5K, but my wife talked me into that. Man, do I love that girl !

Comment

Mowed my clover plot Friday morning before starting on my regular road and property line mowing. This Whitetail Institute plot is four years old. It looked like melted plastic last September after the heat of summer. Never thought it would come back this well. My herbicide treatment killed all the grass, but evidently the Butyrac 200 didn't get all the weeds. Not many weeds though, and mowing will keep them under control.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Drycreek3189; 04-30-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Drycreek, what rate do you broadcast I/C peas at? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          Drycreek, what rate do you broadcast I/C peas at? Thanks.
                          Fifty to seventy-five pounds per acre. Some of them are gonna wind up on top and either not germinate or get eaten by birds. Most of my plots are not uniform, so acreage is measured by a rangefinder and a SWAG. Haven't been disappointed yet though.

I put out a few mineral blocks at Brushy Creek today( a couple months late too ). I cut the T posts off to where if I buried the anchor plate, they should be well within the reach of adult deer, and beyond the reach of most of the hogs. I've had trouble in the past from hogs wallowing on them and deer seem to avoid them then. I stole this idea from a TBHer( can't remember who ), but went a step farther. I took a piece of square tubing, capped it, then welded a piece of re-bar on it. I drilled a hole in the block and set it over the re-bar. It looks good, now the cameras will tell if it works as planned. Whoever I lifted this idea from, THANKS !
                          Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH][ATTACH]852585[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

One of my plots is coming along good, in this particular field it was planted in mid march. Lab lab, Clay peas, Red Ripper peas, sorghum and Peredovic sunflower. Yes I have some grass coming in as the rain held me back from spraying Vantage herbicide.

Last weekend was the last of the Dewberries and the beginning of wild plums.
                            Last edited by Radar; 07-20-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Plums are thick this year, but you got be quick snatching them. The hogs rub against the base of the trees which knocks the ripe ones off.

Comment

The hungry crowd, begging to get in my plots That is Mr. Dozer to the right, he is a young bull.

Comment

Working...
                                X