OLD Spike???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techunter View Post
    Here's his runnin buddy. Which one would you shoot in a 1 buck county?

If I had to pick one, I'd take out that rabbit. He's running with the wrong crowd and you don't want those kind of genetics around!

Kill the spike... or find a buddy that hunts a different county normally!

Comment

Heck of a cull buck there

Comment

Shoot him!

Comment

Don't shoot spikes. he is liable to be a gross booner next year.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
            Don't shoot spikes. he is liable to be a gross booner next year.
            Ha ha ha, that's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
              He probably wasn't a spike the past couple years.

That doesn't look like a genetic issue to me
              and it isn't like you can control any of that on 300 acres anyway. Shoot him if you want but I wouldn't worry about needing to get him out of the herd.
              That's what I'm thinking. Something is off with how those beams leave his head in that top pic. If there's pics of his running buddy from last year around this time of year, there's a chance that buck will be in those pictures as well.

Comment

Would gladly remove him free of charge...

Comment

Originally posted by techunter View Post
                  Here's his runnin buddy. Which one would you shoot in a 1 buck county?
                  Do yourself a favor. Go back and look at what the deer that this buck ran with last year looked like before you go blast this thing as a cull. Too many people "lose" big deer because they pull triggers on "culls" before the think about it.

First place I look for a big deer I'm missing is the trash "cull" pile. Ocasionally you can pull one out of thatpile that makes a full or greater recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat07 View Post
                    I agree, however if your in AR area your kinda stuck with him.

Why is that? I coulda swore I could shoot him in an AR county.

Comment

Shoot the rabbit.

Comment

This is what I'd do, if the hunting pressure is low shot the ol ugly and let the better of the two go another year. If you don't think he'll make it sell the hunt for that buck cheap $300 shoot the better buck and use the 300 on feed or fuel lol

Comment

Here is the deer that hangs around the spike and the bigger deer. I have hundreds of pictures of him over the past 3 years. He actually moved his summer feed ground about 1/8 mile to a new 100 acre pasture that I just picked up. I have one of his runnin buddies accounted for in the original pasture, and the other 2 ('13 & '14) are on my wall. I've never seen the big deer before, and I run 8 cameras on 300 acres. So, past years aren't helping me identify the spike.

Comment

That is an awesome spike! He needs an arrow pretty badly!

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                              Kill!!!!
                              Both!!!!
                              that rabbit too

Comment

Working...
                              X