single pin or multiple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

single pin or multiple?

I have been using a truglow multiple pin sight since I started bow hunting and my dad gave me a single pin its been sitting in my archery box ever since should I switch

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

My brother and I just switched to HHA Optimizer Single Pin and love them. My groups went down and confidence went up. Not that I would ever try to shoot anything at 70 yards, but I can consistently group into 6 inches at 70 which really boosted my confidence at normal hunting ranges. It also just feels more natural looking at 1 pin. I guess from the time you get your first BB gun you are looking at 1 aiming point. The sight picture is just a lot better in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Comment

The single pin has it's advantages and disadvantages. Much clearer sight to the target with just one pin to look at, however, when things happen fast, you may not have time, or too excited to remember to move the dial to te correct yardage. If you have a fast bow, I'd highly recommend it. Set it on 25 yards and you're good from 0-35 without ever moving it. With some practice of course.

All that being said, I'm a single pin guy

Comment

I'm more accurate with my single pin but it's just one more thing to forget to do when a big buck walks out. I found myself forgeting to range the animal and move the pin so I use my trueglow and my single pin trophy ridge sits on a shelf in case I ever go out west.

Comment

My typical setups that I hunt don't have shots more than 30 yards and I use a single pin HHA on my bow. I really like the sight picture of the HHA. It is relatively easy to change the yardage quickly if needed as long as you have already sighted in for those distances.

Comment

Single pin all the way. I switched 5 years ago and never looked back.

Comment

just put the hha sight on, can't wait to shoot it. the only thing that kinda sucks is my quiver won't fit with it on

Comment

I like the new Trophy Ridge single pin..

Comment

Single.

Comment

Yet anothet reason I got rid oh my HHA's

Comment

Single pin all the way. I switched 5 years ago and never looked back.
                      X2

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1234 View Post
                        just put the hha sight on, can't wait to shoot it. the only thing that kinda sucks is my quiver won't fit with it on

Did you try using the risers? The risers are the only way to get a quiver on with an HHA I believe

Comment

Switched back to multiple pins..

Comment

Debating this right now.

Comment

Went from a 5 pin to a single pin last year. So far I like it, seems easier to focus on the pin.

Comment

Working...
                              X