Finally got a bow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a bow!

I bought a Mathews discontinued model bow this weekend for $200. It came with 6 arrows and 5 points. It seems pretty tricked out, but I am new to archery so I couldn't be sure. The first day of practicing with it the string came off the track. Any ideas on how to place it back on? I will post pics either this afternoon after work, or tomorrow morning.

Congrats on your new bow. But I would take it to a pro shop, it sounds like something is out of alignment and needs to be adjusted. A string should never just "come out of the track". Definitely get it checked out before trying to do it yourself. Could be a simple fix, hope so anyway for you.

Comment

Post a picture of it and someone can let you know what you got. Like he said, get a bowshop to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
        Congrats on your new bow. But I would take it to a pro shop, it sounds like something is out of alignment and needs to be adjusted. A string should never just "come out of the track". Definitely get it checked out before trying to do it yourself. Could be a simple fix, hope so anyway for you.
        Will do, I am going to search for some in my area today. Hopefully can get it fixed. I need some practice lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
          Post a picture of it and someone can let you know what you got. Like he said, get a bowshop to check it out.
          I will post some pics this afternoon if possible, if not I will have them early tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
            Agreed take it to the pro shop. its not recommended to try to put it back on without some sort of bow press. Since your new let the pros fix it and learn from what they tell you.

Comment

Any ideas of how the steering came off? Were you shooting with a release?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                Any ideas of how the steering came off? Were you shooting with a release?
                Yes, I was shooting with a release, the draw length was just a little short. The release added a little length to the draw. I was on my third shot when the string cam off the cam and is now resting between the cam and the limb

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
                  Yes, I was shooting with a release, the draw length was just a little short. The release added a little length to the draw. I was on my third shot when the string cam off the cam and is now resting between the cam and the limb
                  Im thinking the cam or idler wheel are crooked to some extent. Just dont see how it jumped like that to get out. Does either look visibly crooked?

Comment

Does it have a loop? Maybe you torqued it?

Comment

I didn't notice if it was crooked or not, although the cam does look a little worn. I have a bad shoulder from football, and my draw caused it to hurt pretty bad. I haven't worked it out much since i re-injured it. This could have caused me to torque it or twist it and possibly make it jump the track.

Comment

Pictures of the string off track
                        Attached Files

Comment

Profile of the bow (pictures kind of suck, I was still half asleep)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X