2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    It’s windy as all get-out’s in Anderson County this morning (again), but it’s the last day for does so I’m in the stand for my last hoorah of the season. Good luck to everyone today.

It’s pretty calm over here. Waiting on a slick head myself.. or anything legal really ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
      Not far. I’m off FS Road 300 E.. If I’m thinking where Harvey Creek rd is correct

305 is our border for the most part, N & S of 83, a cpl places it crosses it on the south side.

Comment

My last day to kill a slick head is the 23rd. Had one come in this morning with 2 yearlings. I guess I’m becoming a softy because I let them walk

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
          305 is our border for the most part, N & S of 83, a cpl places it crosses it on the south side.

Ah ok gotcha. We’ve got the East and West side of 300 before you get into the national forest

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
            My last day to kill a slick head is the 23rd. Had one come in this morning with 2 yearlings. I guess I’m becoming a softy because I let them walk

You might regret that move haha. I have a no mercy attitude this morning

Comment

You might regret that move haha. I have a no mercy attitude this morning

Already kinda do. Lol

Comment

Ah ok gotcha. We’ve got the East and West side of 300 before you get into the national forest

They kill some good deer on our North side across 83 if they ever hunt. 168” year before last and the guys only hunted 2 sits last year. 19.5” 17pt right off 83 was shot last year though (don’t know what it ended up scoring).

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                  They kill some good deer on our North side across 83 if they ever hunt. 168” year before last and the guys only hunted 2 sits last year. 19.5” 17pt right off 83 was shot last year though (don’t know what it ended up scoring).

Dang! Last good buck killed off here was a few years ago. 9pt 145+. Got a handful of good ones on camera but haven’t had one slip up while sitting

Comment

Had full intent on sittin in a pop up this morning. A light drizzle talked me out of it and I kinda wanted a larger view seeing how the deer arent really on the corn.

Hadnt seen a thing till this 10 walked out and stood 15 yards from the aforementioned pop up. We have named him lucky since my wife shot over him last year and my dad under this year. He got lucky again today

Other than 2 shots to the south it been quiet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Had full intent on sittin in a pop up this morning. A light drizzle talked me out of it and I kinda wanted a larger view seeing how the deer arent really on the corn.

Hadnt seen a thing till this 10 walked out and stood 15 yards from the aforementioned pop up. We have named him lucky since my wife shot over him last year and my dad under this year. He got lucky again today

Other than 2 shots to the south it been quiet

How’d he get lucky today??

Comment

How’d he get lucky today??

Cause he only got his picture taken with the rifle that could have ended his streak.[emoji16]

Strong possibility I will regret my decision. I did however say I was gonna let my wife or son shoot him

Comment

Deer movement was fantastic all week. we saw a bunch of mature deer. I had an 8.5 year old typical 11 with a split brow I call Lucky that came every morning i hunted Fiddy. Well Fiddy been missing a couple weeks so i took a nephew over there yesterday morning and Lucky took a ride in the truck..

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Deer movement was fantastic all week. we saw a bunch of mature deer. I had an 8.5 year old typical 11 with a split brow I call Lucky that came every morning i hunted Fiddy. Well Fiddy been missing a couple weeks so i took a nephew over there yesterday morning and Lucky took a ride in the truck..

Lets see!

Comment

the one i e been after has been MIA since second week of bow it really seams to me the really big deer are just not aggressive and those dang swoll up small rack mature deer come in and bully them off their spot then after rut they have a tendency to show back up , at least i hope he does LOL

Comment

here is one for now. i will write some of them up soon.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X