First Kansas Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Kansas Deer

I finally got drawn to hunt Kansas, so I came to do a little hunting on my cousins ranch. I’ve hunted hard and really haven’t seen much. The problem is there is still to much Milo in the fields, and I have had coyotes in the field next to me just roaming around from 2 till sundown. her are a few pics of what I’m hunting. After 3 days of hunting here I decided to go do a walk in area about 15 miles from my cousins house we scouted it out on Sunday had 4 scraps and a couple rubs it was just a long walk in, so Wednesday after morning hunt I decided to put up a stand. So at 1 I headed to the WIHA and hiked bow and hanger stand in set it up and was in it by 2:15 and the stand wasn’t very steady but I got in it. and at 2:30 the little 6 pt came walking in at 5 yards I had 10 min of shot opportunities and passed him up. I regretted doing it because my days are numbered and I have only seen one doe in range and that was Monday but she was young. So I sat there for a hour and a half and guess what comes back yep you guessed it the 6 pt, so I had already made my mind up to shoot if he came back. I drew back and let the arrow fly and guess what I nicked a limb on the tree that I was sitting in and it went right in front of him and stuck in the tree. He did a little turn around like a dog does before laying in bed and went back and smelled the arrow in the tree well I didn’t miss the second time. He ran up a little stoped looked back at where he was then took off. He then popped out in the grassy area behind me and just stood for about 2 min. I could see where the arrow went in so I knew it was a good hit then he just laid down. So I have him a little time and I got down and practiced my tracking to see if I could get to him. I got 3/4 of the way to where he was and lost all sign but since I knew where he was I just made my own trail. I know I might get a little flack about shooting a little buck in Kansas but he shouldn’t of given me time to think about and he should have run off after the miss. I didn’t pay almost 500 dollars to come hunt and go home empty handed. I would of loved to shoot a doe first and wait it out but it is what it is now I have to find a doe.

Congrats.

Comment

Good job, bud. Meat in the freezer, and some good eating.

Comment

Nothing wrong with killing that deer

Especially on out of state public land

Congrats

Comment

You will find that Kansas Venison is amazing. You cant eat the bone on his hesd.
          Congrats

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

It all about the experience. You did great getting set up and getting it done.
            Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats on a job well done!

Comment

Awesome, thanks for sharing, hoping to hunt Kansas soon.

Comment

Congrats on punching your tag. Nice work

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats.. Hunting out of state is a bucket list for me

Comment

Well done! Congratulations!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X