House Security Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
    Bumping this up... I'm looking at adding cameras since my truck was broken into last night.

Are you guys still happy with your camera setups?

I have ADT alarm, does anyone run their camera systems?

Anything new out there that I should look into getting? My budget is around $500 or less.
    Still pretty happy with the Blink.

There is about a 2 second lag from when motion enters the frame to when the camera starts recording that I have noticed but other than that it’s bueno.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
      We went with 2 Ring flood light cameras. Pain to tweak but once set they are nice.........

Lot of cheaper options..............

I take it back. They are pitiful. Looking for an alternative...........

Comment

Mason, did you ever get your AC situation fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Mason, did you ever get your AC situation fixed?
          If nature brining in cool weather is called getting it fixed then yes lol

New job has me traveling a lot so not home near as much to complain about it so it is what it is. Wife likes it warmer so it doesn’t bother her as much...

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            If nature brining in cool weather is called getting it fixed then yes lol

New job has me traveling a lot so not home near as much to complain about it so it is what it is. Wife likes it warmer so it doesn’t bother her as much...
            I bet the electric bill still sucks. When my unit took a dump and ran constantly my bill was $400, for September. Got a new system and my bill was $160 for October.

Comment

House Security Cameras

Update:

Cameras did their job last night as these asshats saw them and just kept going to the next house.
              Guess they were looking for packages and checking vehicles.
              Still haven’t changed the batteries since I installed them back in July.

Comment

Looks like your security system already paid for itself! I currently run a Kuna camera system but I’m experiencing a lot of issues with them dropping off the WiFi. I may make the switch if you continue to have good luck with those.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post
                  Looks like your security system already paid for itself! I currently run a Kuna camera system but I’m experiencing a lot of issues with them dropping off the WiFi. I may make the switch if you continue to have good luck with those.
                  It may not be the cameras but the WiFi itself. If the cameras are placed to far away from the modem dropping off can be common. I’d look into a WiFi extender before a new camera system (unless reviews say that’s a very common problem for your system). The Euro by google is a great option to help with WiFi.

Comment

We have at least 3 Nest cameras that I'm very happy and impressed with. No DVR as everything is stored offsite on a cloud. Fees are cheap for storage and the picture quality is outstanding, even at night.

Comment

The Arlo only keeps the recordings for a week or so. You must download any you need to keep, or pay them for cloud storage. Mine are ok. Would like a dozen around my house.

Comment

I have Wyze cameras and love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We purchased and installed 2 Ring security flood light cams, and a Ring security system about six weeks ago. I am very happy with the system so far, the views from the flood light security cameras are very clear. To read a license plate though, the vehicle would probably need to be within about 30-40 feet of the camera.
                          I also upgraded my home Wi-Fi system to a Linksys Velop 3 node system, advertised to cover a 6000 square foot home. From my base to another node, in a different building, is 147 feet or 49 YARDS. I get very good WiFi signal on that node, so I installed one of my Ring flood light cams on that building and can cover all of my driveways and vehicles.
                          Professional monitoring is $100 a year. I can arm the system, view the cameras, etc from my phone. It also has cell phone backup in case of a power outage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X