X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Saturday) Double Portion

Daily Bible Portion - 7 of 7
    YOM KIPPUR - DAY OF ATONEMENT

(Weekly Reading>>Leviticus 16:1-34, Numbers 29:7-11, Isaiah 57:14-58:14 ,Hebrews 5:1-7:28)

At the end of the millennial reign, the Bride of Messiah will be brought into the chuppah (bridal chamber) to be with the Bridegroom. This is the room that Yeshua referred to in John 14:2-3. He has prepared a special place for us!

Revelation 21:2 “Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.” Here Comes the Bride “And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.” Revelation 19:8

As the bride makes herself pure and ready for her bridegroom, so too, the Lord in glory, longs to have His bride stand in great beauty beside Him, wearing the bright and clean radiant, white wedding gown He has provided. Clothed in fine linen, we will be without spot or wrinkle, and all sins will be removed. The garments prepared for us will be woven with the good deeds (obedience to His word) we faithfully keep while here in our Earthly walk that will reflect His awesome workmanship.

As His bride, we need to keep our ways pure and holy according to His word given to us at Mount Sinai during our betrothal and renewal at Pentecost. We must listen carefully to the sound of His voice and obey Him. For the days are evil and it will become harder to do His will and follow after Him. The bride of the Lamb, His wife must stand blameless and spotless, ready for that day!

2 Corinthians 11:2 “For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present a pure virgin to Yeshua.” Encompass the Man “For Yahweh has created a new thing in the earth – A woman shall encompass a man.” Jeremiah 31:22

The ancient custom of circling the bridegroom three times is based on the Bible verse in Jeremiah. With this act, the bride is binding him with his three obligations described in the Torah: Food, clothing and conjugal rights. Yeshua, our Bridegroom, reminded us in Matthew 6:28-29 that He would meet these needs. “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.” We don’t need to worry about these things. The Lord willingly fulfills His obligations because He loves us.

The groom is also bound by three moral obligations in Yahweh’s oath to Israel as outlined in Hosea 2:19-20: “He will betroth you to Himself forever, He will betroth you to Himself with fairness, justice, love, and mercy, and He will betroth you to Himself with faith, and you shall know Him.” The Lord holds Himself accountable under the same agreement a husband accepts when he marries. We can trust our Heavenly Bridegroom. He will never leave us or forsake us!

The Seven Blessings Over the Couple – Sheva Berakhoth

“For as a young man marries a virgin, so shall your sons marry you; and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you”. Isaiah 62:5

“Blessed are Thou, O Yahweh our Elohim, King of the Universe, Creator of the fruit of the grapevine. Blessed are Thou, O Yahweh our Elohim, King of the Universe, who created all things for His glory. Blessed are Thou, O Yahweh our Elohim, King of the Universe, Creator of Man. Blessed are Thou, O Yahweh our Elohim, King of the Universe, who created man in His image –in the image set forth by His plan and who prepared from him a ‘tabernacle’ to last for all time. Blessed are Thou, O Elohim, Creator of mankind. May the barren rejoice and be glad, when its children are gathered back to it in joy Blessed are Thou, O Elohim, who makes Zion rejoice in her children. May thou grant great joy to these dearly beloved, just as You granted happiness to the work of your hands long ago in the Garden of Eden. Blessed are Thou, O Elohim, who grants joy to the bridegroom and bride. Blessed are Thou, O Yahweh our Elohim, King of the Universe, who created happiness and joy, bridegroom and bride, rejoicing and song, delight and cheer, love and harmony, peace and fellowship. Soon, O Yahweh our Elohim, may there be heard in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem, a sound of gladness, a sound of joy, the sound of the bridegroom and sound of the bride, the sound of rejoicing from bridegrooms at their weddings, and young people at their feasts of song. Blessed are Thou, O Elohim, who grants joy to the bridegroom with the bride.”

When the rabbi finishes singing the blessings over the couple, he hands the second cup to the groom to sip, and then to the bride. The wedding is now complete, and they begin their married life. Just as marriage is a reenactment of the creation of the world in six days, and the blessings over the wine represents the Sabbath, so these seven blessings are a reminder to what God had done and His ultimate plan for mankind.

Psalm 137:4-6 “How shall we sing the Lord’s song in a strange land? If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.”

The Best for Last

Pointing to six, large, stone water pots for ceremonial purification, Yeshua orders, “Fill them to the brim.” Without hesitation, the servants quickly fill each twenty-gallon vessel with water. Then Yeshua says, “Draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.” They did so, “The master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now” (John 2:6-10).

Yeshua performed His first miracle at the wedding of Cana in Galilee, changing water into wine. Unlike many of His other subsequent miracles, which relieved suffering and need, this miracle ministered great joy at a festive occasion, blessing the couple and the marriage. Stone water pots, which are used for the rachatz (hand washing ceremony), were now filled to the brim with new wine, symbolic of the inward cleansing power and new life we have in Yeshua. Not only do we cleanse the outside, now we are made clean on the inside. In our hearts the blood of Yeshua cleanses us, opening the way for us to become obedient to His ways.

Our marriage to Yeshua will not be complete until His return when we share the second cup of wine with Him, just as He said in Matthew:

“Yeshua said, ‘I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father’s kingdom’” (Matthew 26:29).

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X