No announcement yet.

Let's go to ks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no deer in camp, I was the only one out this morning and it was miserable. You ever question your sanity? 14* 20mph wind, 20' up an oak, blowing snow, trying to poke a hole in a critter.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416150987.013023.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	24345967
    I had a few turkey come by
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416151050.695636.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	24345968
    And that's all I could take. Problem with snow is everything you touch leaves snow on your gloves, hands go in pockets to warm up and snow turns to water, wet cold hands are useless. Got down about 8:15 and on my way to camp spotted a nice buck in the CRP and stalked him to 30 yards, took a shot, but arrow was deflected, no dice. All in all a miserable morning with a pretty cool ending. Got the rest of today and tomorrow to get it done, we'll see what happens

Comment

Ill be fallowing this one! 14 days in KS. I think you have everyone jealous.

Comment

Well still no blood, we did see a monster coming back from lunch, guess where... CRP. Good thing is he was about 40 yards from one of our sets, bad thing is we haven't seen him since. We have two sets on that particular CRP field and we will be set up in them tomorrow. He is what you come to ks for, not even gonna guess on score but a MAN of a slick 10. Baseball bat beams, pitchfork tines, and 22"ish wide

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
          [ATTACH]670832[/ATTACH]
          Ugh. Tough conditions. Hope tomorrow is the day! Good luck

Comment

Being on that stand will pay off!!! I had a pic on TBH some years ago with ice on my mustache. Making memories brother!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
              Well still no blood, we did see a monster coming back from lunch, guess where... CRP. Good thing is he was about 40 yards from one of our sets, bad thing is we haven't seen him since. We have two sets on that particular CRP field and we will be set up in them tomorrow. He is what you come to ks for, not even gonna guess on score but a MAN of a slick 10. Baseball bat beams, pitchfork tines, and 22"ish wide
              Good Luck and thanks for the updates.

Comment

Just realizing you hunting outta Yates Center, Kansas. My buddy has a small place there. Lots of sign but I decided not to hunt there two years ago and to focus on my southcentral location. How long yall been in that area???

Comment

Been in the area 11 yrs but only Yates center last 2 years. Previous 9 we were 20 miles east.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Just realizing you hunting outta Yates Center, Kansas. My buddy has a small place there. Lots of sign but I decided not to hunt there two years ago and to focus on my southcentral location. How long yall been in that area???

Do you know where in Yates center he is? A Texas boy bought part of the farm we hunt. His name is Tim, matter of fact he killed this morning.

Comment

Good luck! Make something happen!

Comment

Good luck! Stay warm!!!!

Comment

Well I guess now is as good a time as ever to close the thread. Sorry it wasn't as live as it could have been. It has been miserable cold the whole time. Today is day 11 and we haven't seen a temp above freezing in the last 9. We are heading home today empty handed. A little beat down, but heads high. We have seen a ton of great bucks. I am positive I saw 3 bucks over 150, and pretty sure we even saw 2 boomers. But seeing them doesn't cut it I guess. I am leaving ks with 2 arrows in the woods. I missed a nice buck Sunday, and a toad yesterday. Arrow deflections on both shots. Not exactly sure what I hit on the one yesterday but about 10 yards out the arrow did a 90* right turn. Pretty sure the buck pointed and laughed. Anyhow it's been a great experience, and we'll do it again a few times next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X