Trailer Double BBQ Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer Double BBQ Pit

I was asked by upper management back in December to smoke some briskets and sausage for a few hundred employees at the plant. Everything went very well and they decided that next time we should cook for the entire plant (1300 to 1400 employees). We have a Lyfetyme Pit for us in the boiler room that we used for the sausage and used mine and my brother's personal smokers for the briskets. I have now been tasked with building the plant a pit and have another luncheon soon.
    Attached Files

I am starting with two 500 gallon propane tanks. After much rinsing with soapy water, we started cutting the doors.
    Attached Files

Comment

I need a trailer but don't have time to build one so I went out and got a new 16ft with tandem 3500lb axles. They don't make them exactly the way we needed for the pits to fit over the axles so we chopped the back two cross members off for the fire boxes to fit in place.
      Attached Files

Comment

We built two fire boxes that should heat everything up very well. We used 3/8" plate for the boxes. Since this is for the plant, we radius all the edges on the boxes.
        Attached Files

Comment

Today we cut the tanks to marry them to the fire boxes in.
          Attached Files

Comment

We still have a ways to go but will keep this updated as we go along. This is one of those fun projects that hardly ever happens at work.
            Attached Files

Comment

You sir, are TALENTED!

Comment

I love watching pit builds. But this one being on the company nickel, I am TOTALLY in ! Let’s see it take shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

WOW! A company bought smoker trailer! Now we're talking

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                    I love watching pit builds. But this one being on the company nickel, I am TOTALLY in ! Let’s see it take shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Nothing like buying a brand new trailer, and then cutting it up!

This is going to be a hoss. I'm IN for the finished product.

Comment

Great work so far! In for the finished product

Comment

those look great!

Comment

Following - looks great so far - getting paid for doing something fun - awesome!

Comment

following... looks great so far!

Comment

You possess some talent that I can only dream of!!

Comment

Working...
                              X