Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a GOOD review of the new Gen 2 vortex PST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a GOOD review of the new Gen 2 vortex PST?

The first gen was junk. I've waited months to see if they would actually fix all the known issues. I haven't found much. Has the glass greatly improved? Reliability? Not wanting to buy another $1500-2000 optic yet. I've read the turret design and zero stop is the nearly the same as the gen 1 razor. This and the glass quality is where I had so many issues with the 1st gen ones. Leupold still hasn't got on board with a good mil/mil FFP optic besides mk6 and up. No secret that I hate the first gen pst. I love the gen 2 razor except the weight. So can anyone give an unbiased, honest review? Need someone to tell me if it tracks good. Not just sight in and leave it as is. I'll be cranking the turrets a lot. If you've done a box test that would be ideal. And glass quality was severely lacking in the 1st gen.

The most popular scope on prs... that said no personal reviews of it

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
      The most popular scope on prs... that said no personal reviews of it
      I highly doubt the good PRS shooters are using a viper lol. Gen 2 razor? Yes. Viper no lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Leupold still hasn't got on board with a good mil/mil FFP optic besides mk6 and up.
        I bought a leupold vx3-I 5-20x50 FFP with TMR reticle and mil LRP turrets for my .308. Its been a great scope that I’ve dialed out to 1000 yds and back with no issues.

Comment

A creedmore AND now thinking about a Vortex!....are you feeling alright?

Comment

Originally posted by LHPanther View Post
            I've owned several razors lol. I like them. But dang they are heavy. If they got their crap together I'd try a pst just for the price but I'm very skeptical that they did.

Comment

I highly doubt the good PRS shooters are using a viper lol. Gen 2 razor? Yes. Viper no lol
              Your right, razor gen 2... my bad

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

As I figured, still not many good reports of better turrets. I'm told glass has improved though. Surprisingly(kind of) not near as many reviews. I guess the gen 1 really spooked a lot of shooters away from them. Oh well. Guess I'll get another mark 6 or gen 2 razor lol

Comment

As I figured, still not many good reports of better turrets. I'm told glass has improved though. Surprisingly(kind of) not near as many reviews. I guess the gen 1 really spooked a lot of shooters away from them. Oh well. Guess I'll get another mark 6 or gen 2 razor lol
                  I am sure there are a few in the game of precision rifles, PRS shooting, yada yadda here on a bow hunter site but I would certainly think there are more appropriate places to ask this type of question.

Would you go to SH and ask a traditional archery question and expect a ton of answers? lol

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                    I am sure there are a few in the game of precision rifles, PRS shooting, yada yadda here on a bow hunter site but I would certainly think there are more appropriate places to ask this type of question.

Would you go to SH and ask a traditional archery question and expect a ton of answers? lol
                    I've been reading on SH and LRH and AS too. There's a few more here than you'd imagine

Comment

Originally posted by LHPanther View Post
                      He will be using Speer bullets and lee dies next Just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        He will be using Speer bullets and lee dies next Just kidding.
                        Let's not get carried away

Comment

The first gen was junk. I've waited months to see if they would actually fix all the known issues. I haven't found much. Has the glass greatly improved? Reliability? Not wanting to buy another $1500-2000 optic yet. I've read the turret design and zero stop is the nearly the same as the gen 1 razor. This and the glass quality is where I had so many issues with the 1st gen ones. Leupold still hasn't got on board with a good mil/mil FFP optic besides mk6 and up. No secret that I hate the first gen pst. I love the gen 2 razor except the weight. So can anyone give an unbiased, honest review? Need someone to tell me if it tracks good. Not just sight in and leave it as is. I'll be cranking the turrets a lot. If you've done a box test that would be ideal. And glass quality was severely lacking in the 1st gen.
                          I think you already know you're going to be disappointed with the Gen 2 PST. Why not just keep saving?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            I think you already know you're going to be disappointed with the Gen 2 PST. Why not just keep saving?
                            Decided on a 3-18 gen 2 razor from a buddy

Comment

Working...
                            X