Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again...if there are vehicles behind you, you must move to the right lane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
    Do the effin speed limit.... brake check me and I will run through you, then get out and kick the shinola outta you...
    Good luck with this!
    You may regret your actions. If some Lawyer researching an accident you caused was to find this post you would not like the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
      I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Doing the speed limit? Stay in the right lane. Come up on someone doing less than the speed limit? Move over to the left, pass, and move over to the right once it's safe. You don't have to floor it but don't take a mile to pass. For the speeders, whether the guy is doing the speed limit or 10 over, if he's passing, get off his butt and wait your turn, then once he moves over, haul butt, get a ticket, complain on a forum about the nanny state. Geez
      ^^^^^^ Winner!!

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
        happens all the time and even going over the posted speed limit. Also, Its not always one car you are trying to pass
        But that does not explain where this mystery "tailgater" came from.

How is it the tailgater ended up on your bumper?
        Where you taking an unrealistic amount of time to pass or did you cut in front of someone?

Just trying to figure out HOW they end up on your bumper tailgating & enough times where it has become an issue for you to comment on....

Comment

Man I just don't give a **** enough about getting tailgated when I'm passing to get worked up like some of you loose cannons.

I pass, pull to the right and let Jeff Gordon get by if that's the case. No big deal...and **** sure nothing bad enough to brake check somebody and possibly get myself in a wreck that could lead to God knows what....including my own death. That is just plain and simple DUMB to get that worked up and then resort to that risk. Think about it for a second. I mean really... It is nothing more than a total lack of self control and a risk of your own healthy well being.

Comment

Left lane campers definitely are a problem in TX. What's funny is drive like that in some other countries and you will get run right off the road.

I despise I-10 due to so many inconsiderate idiots. Tailgating is not good road etiquette either and does nothing to help the situation. However, if you feel that your are frequently being tailgated, you probably should think about your own driving.

Oh and I'm not a speed demon. Actually, I just assume let the crazy idiots pass me and get the ticket down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post

Where you taking an unrealistic amount of time to pass or did you cut in front of someone?

Just trying to figure out HOW they end up on your bumper tailgating & enough times where it has become an issue for you to comment on....
              Didn't know there was a time limit on passing people.

Where's your scenario of a driver driving way over the speed limit and running up on people trying to obey the law and pass people safely? I mean according to you there's only 2 scenarios where people get tailgated.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post

people camp out in the passing lane thinking its the "fast lane" doing 85-90mph all the time.

Comment

I'm curious as to how many of you drive thru Houston everyday. There are some down right morons on the rds that don't give a crap

Comment

I'm curious as to how many of you drive thru Houston everyday. There are some down right morons on the rds that don't give a crap

Any big city traffic is like that. Dallas, Houston, Austin.... It doesn't mean we need to add to the moron percentage.

Comment

So if you are me just let the guy tailgate you and go about your marry way? A situation that you guys aren’t considering is, vehicle A is using the passing lane to pass vehicle B. Vehicle C begins to tailgate vehicle A. Vehicle B blows a left front tire that inadvertently pulls it into the passing lane. Vehicle A has to slam on the breaks to avoid vehicle B. Wreck may have been avoided but Vehicle C was being a Richard. Again I’m not condoning riding in the passing lane. But when it’s being used to pass, show some respect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Pass faster! If you're being tailgated, you're probably going too slow in the "pass lane" to begin with. Passing a car shouldn't take 3 miles to do. That said, i am a responsible curious driver, just a fast one. I rarely find myself in any of these situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Man I just don't give a **** enough about getting tailgated when I'm passing to get worked up like some of you loose cannons.

I pass, pull to the right and let Jeff Gordon get by if that's the case. No big deal...and **** sure nothing bad enough to brake check somebody and possibly get myself in a wreck that could lead to God knows what....including my own death. That is just plain and simple DUMB to get that worked up and then resort to that risk. Think about it for a second. I mean really... It is nothing more than a total lack of self control and a risk of your own healthy well being.
                        even if you are getting flipped off and everything else as they pass? Ive talked to you directly on a few occasions and I get the sense you would not handle it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                          I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Doing the speed limit? Stay in the right lane. Come up on someone doing less than the speed limit? Move over to the left, pass, and move over to the right once it's safe. You don't have to floor it but don't take a mile to pass. For the speeders, whether the guy is doing the speed limit or 10 over, if he's passing, get off his butt and wait your turn, then once he moves over, haul butt, get a ticket, complain on a forum about the nanny state. Geez
                          Perxactly

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                            Pass faster! If you're being tailgated, you're probably going too slow in the "pass lane" to begin with. Passing a car shouldn't take 3 miles to do. That said, i am a responsible curious driver, just a fast one. I rarely find myself in any of these situations.
                            there is still a posted speed limit that you have to obey

Comment

This whole discussion is just like anything else in life. No one is wrong and no one is right. So we all just keep doing what we do and deal with it as we go.

Comment

So my scenario is very unrealistic? Cars never have problems on the highway huh? Please!!!!
                                What I'm saying is, you can "What if" everything to death with scenario's. I'm old and in no hurry anymore. I stay out of the left lane unless it can get me to the beer store a little quicker. That and D~Mo told me to stay out of it many years ago. Right Dale?

Comment

Working...
                                X