Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creede/South Fork/Lake City this week???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creede/South Fork/Lake City this week???

Have a chance to hit south central Colorado this week for fly fishing. What are flows and water doing? Still runoff or is water still low?? TIA

No help on the flows but I am envious of you being there. Will be there too in a month.

Comment

I'll be there in 2 weeks...water is a tad lower this year due to lack of snow.

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
        I'll be there in 2 weeks...water is a tad lower this year due to lack of snow.
        I have heard the same thing. The guide we use out of Taos Fly shop said the flows on the Chama River were low due to the light snow this year. We are going to the San Juan in July.

Comment

My cousins hit the San Juan this past week and slayed em. Had an excellent trip for fishing. I’ll be in Durango in two weeks, but it’s unlikely I’ll have time to toss some flies this time. I didn’t ask what the water was like, but assuming it’s low for this time of year.

Comment

Comment

Oh man do I have some great memories of fishing the Creede area. Fished it alot back in the 60s & 70s. One of my favorites places was Clear Creek about a mile upstream from where it joins the Rio Grande. Also the Rio Grande back in Box Canyon. Enjoy

Comment

There is a APP called flows that is pretty awesome about checking the flows.

Comment

Based on time, water levels and the fires, don't think I'm gonna head up there now as much as I would like to

Comment

All of the San Juan National forest is closed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

We’re here in south fork now. Plan on fishing the rio grande in the morning. Fly shop said everything was really low but fishing still good.

Comment

We are scheduled to head up that way in early July. We plan to fish around South Fork and the Pagosa area as well as up past Creede IF the national forest reopens before then. If anyone goes in the next couple weeks it would be great if they could post up what they saw and experienced. I take it that the water flows are down from normal which is good to know. If you look at the guide websites they always make it sound like things are perfect. Any real true info anyone can share would be awesome. Thanks.

Comment

I'm in pagosa now. The national forest is closed as of midnight last night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I read they are supposed to get 1”-3” of rain by Sunday. I’m guessing that it would take a lot more than a couple inches of rain to reopen the San Juan.

Comment

Originally posted by zappmaster View Post
                              There is a APP called flows that is pretty awesome about checking the flows.
                              Could you please provide more info on that app? The app, "FLOWS" is about productivity, nothing about river flows.

Comment

Working...
                              X