• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone’s dog needs to get shot/kicked

Saloon girl scenes

A few hands of poker

Whipping on a poor hand trying to work calves

The deer in old yellar/big jake being shot (while standing in a sage brush scene)

A cute gal kidnapped, sliced up or dishonored

Proper pronunciation of Nacogdoches

Ball of water moccasins

Good “Native American” raid

Some free grazin’

Comment

Open Range had the best ending of them all, Good Guy walks up to bad guy and kills him.

Comment

There are some BONA FIDE SNOWFLAKES posting in this thread.....and I'd like to spit some chaw right between your eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          Best way to ruin a good western is put John Wain in it ,in his westerns he doesn't ever change his clothes from movie to movie , plots never change only the actors playing the drunks
          One good modern western is open range!! Old John Wain movies you always have a really fake fight seen with lots of mud and hilarity ensues

Who the heck is John Wain?

Comment

John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Duke1227 View Post
              Clint Eastwood!
              x2

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Who the heck is John Wain?
                John Wainer, here, at your service. Close enough??

Comment

Ya gotta have some of them Roy Rodgers six shooters that don't need reloading.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
                    And no Trace Adkins. Has anyone seen any of his “Westerns” on Netflix? Worst movies EVER!,,
                    OMG you are so right, good grief that guy is horrible.

Comment

If you can't watch "The Searchers", "The Man who shot Liberty Valence", or "True Grit" and see that John Wayne is a great actor then I can't help you. I will agree that a lot of his movies was just him playing the same character with a different script. But the man had presence. When you see him on the screen you knew immediately who he was and what he stood for. I think a lot of us of a certain age grew up with that and it made a mark on us. I'm glad I had him to look up to growing up instead of the modern Hollywood actor.

Comment

Best way to ruin a good western is put John Wain in it ,in his westerns he doesn't ever change his clothes from movie to movie , plots never change only the actors playing the drunks
                        Im sorry but you are a communist!

Comment

Charlize Theron ......a million way to die in the west

Comment

how about just leave out the politically correct BS that every new movie beats you over the head with over and over
                            that would. e good enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
                              If you can't watch "The Searchers", "The Man who shot Liberty Valence", or "True Grit" and see that John Wayne is a great actor then I can't help you. I will agree that a lot of his movies was just him playing the same character with a different script. But the man had presence. When you see him on the screen you knew immediately who he was and what he stood for. I think a lot of us of a certain age grew up with that and it made a mark on us. I'm glad I had him to look up to growing up instead of the modern Hollywood actor.

Exactly. Now granted there are 3 or 4 different versions of Rio Lobo with different cast. But along with those I would add all 3 of the John Ford/Wayne calvary trilogy of movies, The Quiet Man, and The Shootist. If you cant like any of them you just aren’t a western fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
                                The new westerns are trash compared to John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. Can’t force myself to watch the new ones they make
                                Open Range

3:10 to Yuma

Were both great. I'm sure I'm missing some others. The movie "Hostiles" that is out now looks good. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X