Target Buck Busted Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
    Can't believe so many people are saying don't shoot him.

Bullying other deer
    Still the baddest deer on the place
    Neighbors gonna kill him
    Shooter in every sense of the word
    "Nah pass on him cause the rack isn't perfect"

Wow...
    He could still be ALL those things next year, plus spread his genes this year, and comeback with a bigger, better rack. I'd wait it out a year.

Comment

pics

Comment

Come on brother, we need pics !!

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
          He could still be ALL those things next year, plus spread his genes this year, and comeback with a bigger, better rack. I'd wait it out a year.
          Not if he gets shot.

Comment

I’d have shot him. Especially if he was my target buck

Comment

Had a same thing happen a few seasons ago. My wife’s target buck finally showed up but he had busted some of his cool character points...she never even considered shooting him as a result. I was sure the neighbor was gonna shoot him. He made it through the season. Found his sheds that spring..scored 154. The following year my wife finally had another encounter with him. This time his rack was in perfect shape...scored 174 2/8. Im glad she passed when he was broken up lol!

Comment

Pic's please we all want to see him.

Comment

i would have let him walk too

Comment

Pics?

Comment

Would have made the same choice - unless your new neighbor to the East doesn't care about deer management I bet you will get your chance in a later season. There was an awesome wild looking multi-pointed buck around there for 3 consecutive seasons about 4-5 years ago that manages to elude us. The final year we were there he was mature so I doubt he is still alive now but could be from the same buck.

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                        Not if he gets shot.
                        If you shoot every buck because you're scared that your neighbor will shoot him then you are that neighbor.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                          If you shoot every buck because you're scared that your neighbor will shoot him then you are that neighbor.

Comment

Just saying, if my target buck was the biggest baddest buck around and bullying other bucks you better believe I'd shoot him with a busted tine or two. All that does is add to the character and story. For me it's about more than inches.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks like this?
                              No... you are not.

You are not the only one who comes up with their own personal reasons to shoot or not shoot a certain animal. Your reasons may or may not align with the majority. People might think of it as odd (I am one of those in this specific set of circumstances) but they are not you, they don't have your hunting history, your history with that animal or property. They don't see things through your eyes. It is your call.

I would be willing to bet that folks who question your rationalization have their own quirks that would make people go "huh?"

But yeah... lets see pics.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                                No... you are not.

You are not the only one who comes up with their own personal reasons to shoot or not shoot a certain animal. Your reasons may or may not align with the majority. People might think of it as odd (I am one of those in this specific set of circumstances) but they are not you, they don't have your hunting history, your history with that animal or property. They don't see things through your eyes. It is your call.

I would be willing to bet that folks who question your rationalization have their own quirks that would make people go "huh?"

But yeah... lets see pics.

Agree with him on this, and yup I’m still waiting for pics!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X