Any pipe welders on the GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any pipe welders on the GS?

Like the title says looking to see if we have any rig welders or whatnot on the gs. Looking to get into it when the oil field comes back. I would like to weld on heads and repairs/ modifications on drilling rigs. I've talked to a few welders and they said I need a 6g cert to do so. Any tips on how to practice and any other advice would be appreciated. Also do I need my own rig or are there some company's that provide a rig for you? Thanks in advance.

You.need a 6g ,cert to do just about anything these days that invlolves oilfield or refinery work and more than likely you will.need your own rig

Comment

What I was kinda figuring. Is a sa250 a good machine to start with? Or just get an old sa200?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

You realize 6G is a position for a test right? And the company you want to hire in with will give you that test. It's not something you test for once and then carry from job to job.

Comment

Yes sir that's the way I understand it. As of right now I'm just looking to practice on it so if I find a job that requires me to take it I will be ready.

Comment

Go diesel some plants won't let gas machines in any longer, but if just gonna do pipeline it's ok

Comment

The sa250 I'm looking at has the Perkins diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by muttleymike View Post
                  Go diesel some plants won't let gas machines in any longer, but if just gonna do pipeline it's ok
                  I've never heard of this. What plants aren't letting in SA 200's? I've worked at a bunch of them. I've had the same sa 200 since I broke out.
                  Kinder Morgan
                  Enterprise
                  Copano
                  Magellan
                  Chevron
                  Musket
                  To name a few. They all allow gas machines. Just curious which ones don't.

Comment

You will also need this Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0574.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	24405132
                    Last edited by Robert; 09-22-2015, 08:18 PM. Reason: .

Comment

I don't know about plants but EP will not allow any gasoline on location in cans so I could certainly see where a plant might do that too.

Comment

Bayer,Exxon or any pipeline for Exxon won't

Comment

Just what I herd just trying to help, I sold my rig truck 10 yrs ago so ??

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
                            you will all so need this :d [ATTACH]744485[/ATTACH]

😂😭😂😭😂😭

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                              X