Hog Pipe Instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Pipe Instructions

Ok...I found the old thread for the hog pipes but every pic that pops up doesn't show them pipe. Does anyone have the plans with pics they can post.

anyone.....anyone....anyone....

Comment

let me get out to granger to pull mine in to refill and relocate...and ill send you some pics

Comment

heres the pics of the one i made. 10ft. long 4" diameter pvc pipe from home depot. i cut it in half to make 2 of 'em that would be 5ft long. they hold about 35 lbs of corn. i got a closed end cap and drilled a 1/2" diameter hole in the center. took a 4" long 3/8" eye-bolt with a 1" shank and put it through the hole with 2 washers to keep it spinning. then 2 nuts on it to lock it in and roughed up the threads to keep the nuts from backing off. i used epoxy on it to keep it from comming off. on the other end there is a cap i epoxied on that has a threaded cap to remove to refill. i drilled 8 holes 1/2" size for the corn to trickel out. i used some aircraft cable to loop around the tree and through the eyelet since it is very light and laying around.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	P9290005.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	23831465

Name:	P9290006.JPG
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	23831463

Name:	P9290004.JPG
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	23831462

Comment

I've got 3 almost just like it other than the eyebolts, they will break them out if they get the cable twisted up and they will.I drilled a 3/16s hole through both sides of the cap and ran my cable through it than put a big swivel on each of the ends .(the pipe and the tree.) They work great as log as you can keep them filled.

Comment

Thanks guys....just what I was needing.

Comment

that eye bolt swivels very freely in there and i have yet to see it bind up. but of course its only been there for 6 months, there is still plenty of time for them hogs to screw it up. that tree has lost an inch in diameter from them rollin it around there.

Comment

whats with the pipe.... why not use a regular feeder??

Just wondering. Its a good Idea but why, unless you were hunting public land, I could see it being less money gone if it is stolen.......

seriously wondering, not trying to be a smart asp or pizz anyone off, just wonderering why u use it?

thanks

Comment

keeps the hogs entertained and distracted for you to get a shot. it gives you a feeder for next to nothin as long as it stays put. and its neat to see the inverted pitchers mound the hogs wear the area down to. i wondered the same thing for a while and noticed all i needed was the pipe to make it, i had the rest of the parts around the house, so why not. i set it up about 100 yards from camp and went back some time after the pics to put a bell on the removable cap so if it is a calm evening with little or the correct wind i can hear the bell as it rolls around. tried sneakin in once and got busted, cactus in the knee in the dark $uck$.

Comment

I would also say that I have a regular feed that the deer use. The deer seem to leave the hog pipe alone. Plus I put mine near my regular feeder and I leave it pointed north to south. Its easy to tell if pigs have been by.

Comment

Does anyone know if HD or Lowes carries the wire I can use to attach these?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
                        Does anyone know if HD or Lowes carries the wire I can use to attach these?
                        You should be able to find it at either one. It's on the isle with the chain.

Comment

Make it as heavy duty as possible. Darn hogs have torn many of our designs to pieces. They will destroy them if possible.

Comment

Thanks...I used 6" pvc @ 5' with 3/8 eyebolt. I will try and get pics tomorrow.

Comment

half way through turkey season my pipe went missing. we found it about 80 yards away. the pigs straightened that 3/8" eyebolt. i should have taken a pic of that bolt. i went out and bought a 1/2" bolt and had a guy at work weld it closed. i wanna see that sucker break now

Comment

Working...
                              X