I don’t negotiate with terrorist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    You can see the hood over the eyes in your pic. Mayhems pic I think I can clearly see the eye......like I said....could be the angle but it appears the eye is protruding. You don't see that on wm.
    The pattern is pretty easy to see on the body, it's clearly a moccasin. Not even close to debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
      The pattern is pretty easy to see on the body, it's clearly a moccasin. Not even close to debatable.
      Thanks!

Comment

Not today ole stubby, good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Man.....you should have to be able to identify venomous snakes before they let you graduate
          or get a license

At least the mice and frogs can sleep easy tonight
          Can you please provide proof of drivers licenses and registration sir Unless I missed it did you ever bless us with you wisdom on what you feel it is?

Comment

Definitely a Cotton Mouth Rattle Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
              That’s a moccasin right?
              Looks kind of like one but I'm not 100% on that... need a different view of the head for me to tell for sure.
              Pattern is definitely NOT a dead giveaway.

Comment

It's for sure a cottonmouth. I think they're awesome lookin myself. They have some wicked lookin heads.

Comment

Why is it not on fire?

Comment

LMAO. Some people would argue with a fence post. It's a moccasin.

Comment

Some people’s kids...I tell ya’. SMDH

Comment

Still waiting on that drivers license. And to get crop dusted with wealth of sound serpent knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                          Still waiting on that drivers license. And to get crop dusted with wealth of sound serpent knowledge
                          According to post 50 on the find the moccasin thread, you learned a little bit. You're welcome

Comment

If Mayhem would just go retrieve that snakes head and get us some better pics we can put this one to bed.

Comment

Ain’t no quit in ya it there, That was a good thread though now maybe you should go check it out some more lmao

Comment

Be forewarned, getting ready to beat a dead snake here, mostly for educational purposes (but also out of some frustration).

IMO, nothing but a moccasin. For a better view, I lightened up the image to make some of the features more clear. It was mentioned that the eyes are visible from the top and not covered by hoods. When lightened, you can see that it's not an eye that's visible but just a sloughed up scale or something. The hoods are clearly visible obscuring the eyes. It also appears that the telltale black streaks behind the eyes are somewhat visible. While moccasins can have varied coloration, the domino pattern on the body is a dead giveaway. For comparison, look at the pic of a juvenile below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mayhem_Moccasin_TBH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	24546321

Name:	Mayhem_Moccasin_labels_TBH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	24546322

Name:	juvenile-water-moccasin_1508922759561_69668563_ver1.0_640_480.jpg