Drilling Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drilling Rig

How many GS members work on a drilling rig? Onshore, offshore doesn’t matter.
    Say who you work for and what you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part time back in the day. Nabors Drilling, worked floors in the Barnett. Also part time in Oklahoma when I was in college.

Comment

Offshore Drillship. Transocean. First Assistant Engineer in the Engine Room.

Comment

Worked on rigs back in mid 80's for Schlumberger. Glad I don't do that any more...

Comment

7 years on shore, Texas and OK

Comment

Originally posted by ASBOW View Post
            7 years on shore, Texas and OK

Still working?

Comment

Did welding repair and new rig up on drilling rigs for about 10 years. Adobe drilling.

Comment

Drilling Rig

Not directly as a roughneck anymore but still on one as a DD (as we speak actually). In one way or another since ‘06

Comment

Not in many many moons! Worked my way up from rigs to only work when I absolutely have to over the last 42 years.

Comment

Does fracing count? Just finishing up what you boys started. Frac Consultant now, Frac engineer for 6 years before.

Last edited by jamyndavis; 05-21-2018, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Worked production For Elf Exploration during college. Offshore Venice/Fourchon

Comment

Late 70's early 80's, derrick hand for Felderhoff, Crawford, and JR Haney.

Comment

Company man for Continental Resources in Oklahoma.
                          Been working on rigs the last 15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ran a few tools downhole on drilling rigs for close to 5 years, and the last 5 have had me on the sales side of things. I still make it onto a drilling rig once a month to put some pipe in the ground when we’re short on hands, but the majority of my rig time these days is on pulling units. Trying to get guys hired on, so I can keep my clothes clean some more haha

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              Ran a few tools downhole on drilling rigs for close to 5 years, and the last 5 have had me on the sales side of things. I still make it onto a drilling rig once a month to put some pipe in the ground when we’re short on hands, but the majority of my rig time these days is on pulling units. Trying to get guys hired on, so I can keep my clothes clean some more haha

Haha Who do you work for?

Comment

Working...
                              X