Pear harbor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pear harbor

My wife and I along with another couple are going to Kauai this summer. We want to make a day trip to Oahu to tour the USS Arizona umong many other sights. Who has been? What's the best method to do this? Do we rent a car, do we taxi and hit each one? Do we use a tour guide $$$? Is there a national parks pass that gains us access to the historical sites? I'm about to start my Googlefoo to look up, it wanted to ask the group.

Pear Harbor? Never heard of it...!

Comment

That's where they dock the shrimp boats..

Comment

the tbh spell cops are out tonight! ( Pearl Harbor )
        Last edited by waterdog; 12-28-2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Make sure you get your tickets/reservation months in advance. Very rarely are there any openings once you arrive.

Comment

isn't that where the GERMANS attcked!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
              isn't that where the GERMANS attcked!!! LOL!

Comment

Pear harbor

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                the tbh spell cops are out tonight! ( Pearl Harbor )

Oh ...Thanks..

Never would have known

Comment

I've been, but it was when we hit a port there on the way back from Iraq while I was aboard the USS Peleliu. I can tell you that Pearl Harbor and all its sights are worth seeing. Unfortunately, I can't recall exactly how we navigated that whole deal while we were on liberty for a couple of days. We were there in about April of '04. We did not have tickets in advance. I know that for sure. We had no way to get them even if we wanted too. Even then, in the off season for tourists, it was a very busy place. I can only imagine how busy it'd be during the summer. Sorry I'm not much help, other than to say, whatever it takes to see it, I recommend doing it. It's a truly sombering and breathtaking memorial.

Comment

We went last in October in 2015...really enjoyed it...we actually got free tickets...I believe they give tickets away until a certain time during the weeks, might look into it

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Oh ...Thanks..

Never would have known
                      anytime

Comment

Never had a problem just walking up and getting tickets. Even on Dec 7 you can get out there. Hickam AFB shares runways with HNL, your approach is right over Pearl Harbor. Theyou have ferries that take you to the memorial.

Kauai is a great island. Chicken in a Barrel is worth checking out for BBQ.

Comment

I went back in 1983. Couldn't tell you much about charges and tipping etc.. . I will tell you its a very moving tribute to all of those that died that day. My father was on the Oklahoma in Pearl Harbor. I wished I would have taken him back before he passed. Come to think of it, he might not have wanted to go back. He never spoke of it unless you asked him about it. I miss him dearly.

Comment

We went about 5 years ago. Rented a car, and got tickets day of. Wonderful experience. Highly recommend it.

Comment

My wife and I went on our honeymoon on Oahu we stayed in Waikiki we just took a taxi to sight see. Pearl harbor was awesome and we took a horseback ride through the k ranch cattle ranch I think was the name and that was one of the things we enjoyed most. We also did a glass submarine tour and took a Jeep ride through the jungle. Just a few ideas

Comment

Working...
                              X