• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my Dodge

Comment

Tundra has poor towing capacity. Roomy tho

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
        Yeah my 2013 4x4 Tundra only gets 9.5 MPG But dang good trucks other than that !

Wow how is that? I have two tundras , 2011 and 2013 both 4x4 and the 2011 has a leveling kit with bigger tires. 2011 gets 15.5mpg and the 2013 averages just under 17mpg.
        The down side is the mpg goes down to 10-11mpg when pulling anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
          I have looked at the Tundra and Ford and I will be buying a Tundra. You can put lipstick on a pig to make it look better, but it's still a pig. I feel that way towards the Ford they are dressing them up, but still just a Ford. I actually saw a Ford F-150 jacked up at 62k and a F-250 jacked up at 91K I just laugh and walked off, now when I see them on the road I just shake my head and laugh that someone actually paid that for a Ford.
          Just to be argumentative, I must ask how do you know how much they paid?

You must be the guy who pays sticker for a car.

Comment

Originally posted by flashof1979 View Post
            Wow how is that? I have two tundras , 2011 and 2013 both 4x4 and the 2011 has a leveling kit with bigger tires. 2011 gets 15.5mpg and the 2013 averages just under 17mpg.

The down side is the mpg goes down to 10-11mpg when pulling anything.

Little bit bigger tires and full replacement front and rear bumper is the only thing I can figure. Get about 8.5 pulling my 19’. Bass boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had an Extended Cab F-150 with the 5.0, It was a gutless pig. It wouldn't pull my boat out of its own tracks hardly. I bought a New Tundra in 2015 4 X 4 TRD Crew max.
              when I drove it home, ( Bone Stock ) I averaged 17-18 mpg. As soon As I got it home, I leveled it and Put wheels and 32" grapplers on it. At first I thought I ruined the truck.
              It drove like a dream before, and great mileage, not what I was expecting from what I had heard and read. I was expecting 9-13 mpg like everyone was stating. After the lift and wheels and tires I was averaging 10-12 mpg. and the ride was not the same. After the tires wore in everything changed , the ride smoothed out.
              Im very pleased with my Tundra, especially when I check re-sale

Comment

Had a 2014 Tundra quad SR5/TSSR 2wd w/ 5.7 and 33" all terrains. That thing was a BEAST, but I only averaged about 12mpg. Unfortunately, I needed to upgrade to a crew and the new crews are getting ridiculous in price..

I now have a plain 2017 F150 XL crew 4x4 w/ the basic V6 (not the eco boost); tow-package w/3.73 gears; factory tint, bed spray, and vinyl floors. I got tired of all the bells and whistles adding 15k+ to the price, and just wanted a 'truck'. I added some after market tires/wheels (33" BFG All-Terrains) and running boards and I have to admit this has been my favorite truck in a LONG time. (Last one was my 96' Chevy k1500 Z-71 Silverado). Only slight regret was not going with the 5.0, but I don't tow anything.

There is no doubt the Tundra was a better truck- and if I wanted to stay at a price point above 45k, I would have been in another one. But it was hard to pass up the deal I got on my F150.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow_Tech_Body_Man View Post
                  I had an Extended Cab F-150 with the 5.0, It was a gutless pig. It wouldn't pull my boat out of its own tracks hardly. I bought a New Tundra in 2015 4 X 4 TRD Crew max.
                  when I drove it home, ( Bone Stock ) I averaged 17-18 mpg. As soon As I got it home, I leveled it and Put wheels and 32" grapplers on it. At first I thought I ruined the truck.
                  It drove like a dream before, and great mileage, not what I was expecting from what I had heard and read. I was expecting 9-13 mpg like everyone was stating. After the lift and wheels and tires I was averaging 10-12 mpg. and the ride was not the same. After the tires wore in everything changed , the ride smoothed out.
                  Im very pleased with my Tundra, especially when I check re-sale
                  Sounds like you bought a Ford with too high of a gear ratio...
                  That's what's nice about buying GM, Ram, or Ford, they give you options. If you want a truck for highway driving, get higher gears. If you want a truck for towing, get lower gears. Toyota doesn't give you those options.

As far as resale there really isn't that big a difference between Toyota and the others. Toyota does not come off the MSRP as much as the big 3. So you may get more money when you sell, but you paid more up front.

Comment

Originally posted by DDSTX View Post
                    Tundra has poor towing capacity. Roomy tho
                    I know for sure it’ll pull a feed trailer over 14,000lbs

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      I know for sure it’ll pull a feed trailer over 14,000lbs
                      Apparently Toyota doesn’t think that’s a good idea...

Comment

Tundra towed a spaceship. Beat that.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                          Just to be argumentative, I must ask how do you know how much they paid?

You must be the guy who pays sticker for a car.
                          They don't have a lot of wiggle room on those Fords that are jacked up. Yes they are not sticker price, but to even start at 91K for a F-250 is crazy! Just for the record I'm not the guy that pays sticker price sorry.

Comment

LOL, this thread is like asking what scope, what caliber, etc.! Opinions are like...what's the saying.....We are happy with our Pathfinder and Tundra so there....

Comment

So who won?????

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                                So who won?????
                                In sales? It wasn’t Toyota.

Comment

Working...
                                X