This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy moss View Post
    Can’t understand why people would live without trying to know Jesus Christ!! But my heart goes out to the ones that dies without knowing Jesus !
    Who said there was no “try”?

Comment

True

Comment

We were told by the preacher a few weeks ago, that the pope says now " you don't have to believe in God, to go to heaven." You only have to treat fellow people nicely, to be excepted. I only seen Stephen Hawhen a few times on the Big Bang theory, but I do hope he's in a better place now.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
          We were told by the preacher a few weeks ago, that the pope says now " you don't have to believe in God, to go to heaven." You only have to treat fellow people nicely, to be excepted. I only seen Stephen Hawhen a few times on the Big Bang theory, but I do hope he's in a better place now.
          If the pope is saying this he’s preaching against the infallible word of God. But this wouldn’t surprise me.

Comment

LOL....yall still going? Did I see where someone literally called a TBHer a demon for having a different view?
            Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
            One thing can be said for certain, this thread didn’t start off “RIP Stephen Hawking... by the way, is there anyone out there who would like to opine on where his soul wound up?” I think the way it wasn’t called is the point.
            Limbo! That was a common word growing up in southeast Louisiana. Stillborn babies, babies not christened, the mentally unsound, etc would go to limbo.
            Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
            If the pope is saying this he’s preaching against the infallible word of God. But this wouldn’t surprise me.
            I thought he was the vicker of Christ on earth, thus speaking on his behalf?

Comment

First time looking at this thread...my head hurts

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                LOL....yall still going? Did I see where someone literally called a TBHer a demon for having a different view?

Limbo! That was a common word growing up in southeast Louisiana. Stillborn babies, babies not christened, the mentally unsound, etc would go to limbo.

According to.......?

Comment

He the vicker of Christ only for the Catholics beliefs . Christians have a personal relationship with Jesus no need for a mediator

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                    According to.......?
                    Thank Tracy below for your answer......lol!
                    He the vicker of Christ only for the Catholics beliefs . Christians have a personal relationship with Jesus no need for a mediator
                    So, Catholics are not Christians?

Comment

And this is a HUGE reason people don't believe in God. People screw things up so bad to the point people give up. Lots of these "Christian" churches like Mormonism have gone from pure non-Christian to beats the crap out of me if they're Christian at this point. It's plain stupid. Catholics have changed a lot of the years also..same with many others.

Depends on who you ask. Religions change like the wind as they try to get more people. It's plain wrong.

I know that there are a few big "Christian" religions that claim to have the one current day prophet. They each claim they are the only true religion. So if they say it does that make them non-Christian if they're not the true church? Beats me.

Comment

My personal beliefs! someone in the Roman Catholic Church will bring in the one world religion and it not what people think it is . It will be that the Roman Catholic Church will say all of the main stream religions. Christianity ,Judaism ,Hinduism,Buddhism,Islamic,etc .they will say that these religions worships the same GOD but in different ways .but born again Christians will see through these lies. Keep an eye out for this .But hey that’s what I think and study about .

Comment

My personal beliefs! someone in the Roman Catholic Church will bring in the one world religion and it not what people think it is . It will be that the Roman Catholic Church will say all of the main stream religions. Christianity ,Judaism ,Hinduism,Buddhism,Islamic,etc .they will say that these religions worships the same GOD but in different ways .but born again Christians will see through these lies. Keep an eye out for this .But hey that’s what I think and study about .
                          So you just discredited all of the old world religions, lol?

Comment

I will stop right there.

Comment

When the veil was torn upon Christ’s crusifixion and death, the need for mediator was clearly no more.

Not my words, but sums it up well-
                              In a sense, the veil was symbolic of Christ Himself as the only way to the Father (John 14:6). This is indicated by the fact that the high priest had to enter the Holy of Holies through the veil. Now Christ is our superior High Priest, and as believers in His finished work, we partake of His better priesthood. We can now enter the Holy of Holies through Him. Hebrews 10:19-20 says that the faithful enter into the sanctuary by the “blood of Jesus, by the new and living way which he opened for us through the veil, that is, through his flesh.” Here we see the image of Jesus’ flesh being torn for us just as He was tearing the veil for us.

In summation, the pope is a man. Nothing more.
                              Last edited by JLivi1224; 03-18-2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

“Religion” is the problem gents. People have been adding to the Word for thousands of years. The Word is the Word, people! Don’t add to it and don’t take from it.

Comment

Working...
                                X