No announcement yet.

Krivo Stand Builds - offseason blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang James, those measurements look good!

The goal is to have a elevated setup that one man could move by himself as long as he could back the truck up to the stand. This would allow him to slide the blind in the bed. Then pull the legs and stairs off the stand and load it up.

The stand in the pics is intentionally small to save weight and make it easier to handle, but once it is complete we will see.
    Last edited by cwbrown; 05-17-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cwbrown View Post

The goal is to have a elevated setup that one man could move by himself as long as he could back the truck up to the stand. This would allow him to slide the blind in the bed. Then pull the legs and stairs off the stand and load it up.

The stand in the pics is intentionally small to save weight and make it easier to handle, but once it is complete we will see.
      Go to bed you are drunk

Comment

Looks good. Invest in 3-4 jack stands!

Comment

Why would he want to move them “ Horn Forever”

Comment

I had planned on doing something similar, but went the easier route and built one out of treated lumber. Solid as a rock, but HEAVY!
            Attached Files

Comment

I’ve got an interesting photo of my Krivo.
              After the tornado that torn down trees next to it.
              Surprisingly zero damage to the krivo blind
              Destroyed a nearby old tower blind
              Someone want help me post a photo

BP

Comment

Big pigs picture
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice, between James and I we have been out of town since we started but looking like we should get the chance to finish up this stand this coming weekend or next week!

Comment

Chad and I finally got few hours today to work on the build. Coming along nicely ...

Comment

Feet and removable staircase done today

Comment

Coming together nicely!

Comment

Roughing it is about to take on a whole new meaning.............build is looking good.

Rwc

Comment

Need some opinions on bracing for legs,

I am thinking of measuring a foot up from the bottom on each leg and putting some small square tubing from leg to leg.

Now my issue is that I want to be able to put a decent amount of pressure on each leg going out from the blind. My solution right now is to splice a turn buckle in the middle of each brace which would allow me to adjust them in and out. Do yall think a normal turnbuckle can handle pushing instead of pulling?

If I need to explain better just let me know!

Comment

I really like your stairs. Gonna use that technique next time.

Comment

Need some opinions on bracing for legs,

I am thinking of measuring a foot up from the bottom on each leg and putting some small square tubing from leg to leg.

Now my issue is that I want to be able to put a decent amount of pressure on each leg going out from the blind. My solution right now is to splice a turn buckle in the middle of each brace which would allow me to adjust them in and out. Do yall think a normal turnbuckle can handle pushing instead of pulling?

If I need to explain better just let me know!

3/4 all thread and some nuts. You should be able to make that work and it’ll be cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X