"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
    Ill meet u at the PC at the PC at 3. If we can get enough people we can get them up and moving in the bloodweeds.

Anyone else wanna join?
    Cool I see ya there just want to make sure PC = primitive camp correct

Comment

Also PC is on Fox park rd correct sorry its my first time out here

Comment

Is there an easier way to get to the primative camp ground besides walking for 3 miles from the Commanche Bluff entrance or than lauching a boat and crossing the river?

Comment

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/gra...Lake%20Map.pdf

Looks like you can take country rd 416 but like i said I never been just going by what the maps says
          Last edited by TX_bowhunter37; 02-01-2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Is there an easier way to get to the primative camp ground besides walking for 3 miles from the Commanche Bluff entrance or than lauching a boat and crossing the river?
            Yea, you can put in at Taylor and come up the river. Not that bad at all. Just watch out for a few stumps and you are all good.

Comment

Originally posted by bosshawg401 View Post
              Cant get therefron hyway 95 you will run in to private land.you can park by the water treatment plant and walk in about 3 miles from there

Comment

What should you wear shoes or boots

Comment

Campground is located 3+ miles from the West Trailhead (CR 496)
                  Last edited by TX_bowhunter37; 02-01-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

If you park at #7 it is about half a mile or so to the opposite side of the river.
                    You could swim across but the water is a little cold right now.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_bowhunter37 View Post
                      Cool I see ya there just want to make sure PC = primitive camp correct
                      Yes. PC is primitive campground. I will be parking at the parking area by the gate and walking in. I drive a maroon equinox and will he there around 2 to get to the PC by 3

Comment

Originally posted by bosshawg401 View Post
                        I haven't found one other than getting permission from land owners around to gain access

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                          Yes. PC is primitive campground. I will be parking at the parking area by the gate and walking in. I drive a maroon equinox and will he there around 2 to get to the PC by 3
                          Ok i will be there at 2 as well. i drive a black Durango I think i found the road i need to the trail head see ya there

Comment

Cr 416 is private land. Sounds like the hike is the only way, or crossing with a boat from the primative launch ramp area. That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure.

Comment

Anyone out today? I was gonna go out decided to stay home and have daddy/ daughter day

Comment

Originally posted by TX_bowhunter37 View Post
                                What should you wear shoes or boots
                                your prob wanna wear boots some of it gets high and thick, and the thorns and blood weeds well eat you up

pants and boots

Comment

Working...
                                X