RV on a lake.......would ya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV on a lake.......would ya?

Looking for yay or nays on what you think. The wife and I really want a place on the lake. After some thinking and influence by my buddy (boh347) he says I should look at just getting a lot and putting an RV on it.

I ran this by the wife and I thought I would get a "no way". She was pretty open to it as she loves the lake and fishing. She asked if we would have a crapper and running water, of course yes.

We looked at used mobile homes etc. They are crazy stupid on pricing even on repos and used ones. After retirement getting into a regular home may be an option if we decide to sell our house.

We are fixing to be empty nesters so it would be just me and her for the most part. The lake would also serve as base camp to my deer lease as it is about 15 minutes away.

Have any of you done this? was it ok or a bigger hassle the what it was worth. For now it would be just for weekend get aways and lease housing.

Thanks............
    Last edited by CrookedArrow; 03-26-2018, 06:48 PM.

No doubt I'd do it.

Comment

In a heartbeat.

Comment

Just a thought here, but, RV's do not weather well long term and they get a little "over cozy" at times. Just my 2 cents, I would look at a metal shop aka "barndaminium" and keep it on a small scale. Not tiny home small, but nothing crazy.
        If you ever decide to sale the lot on the lake it would be well worth the forward investment .

Comment

Is it allowed in that area of the lake? What are the requirements? How about a small cabin you could add onto in 10 years.....that space would then be your man cave.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry I should have mentioned. The lot will never be mine or anyone else. It is lease only. The only ownership I would have would be the dwelling(s).

Anything including cabins etc can be placed. If I decide to leave I an responsible for the sale or removal of what I placed there.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Is it allowed in that area of the lake? What are the requirements? How about a small cabin you could add onto in 10 years.....that space would then be your man cave.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
              This would be my goal. Build a small little one bedroom cabin with a loft. Keep it simple

Comment

RV with a metal cover that part could be enclosed for a good bathroom, laundry room and a place to sit. Maybe a combo livingroon / kitchen. If you want to get away, take the RV and go. My wife and I are looking at this right now. We have a 26' Class C RV and a house right now that we can't keep it at. RV living is a lot of fun, but you need some where with a little room to get away from it.

Comment

Look at doing a shipping container cabin. They can be easily moved and don’t break down in the weather. You can even add in to them down the road. We have one on our land.

Comment

During my 1st divorce I had a friend that had a 15x40 portable building on lake Palestine behind his house right on the water. My porch was 30ft or so from the water. The 15ft side facing the water was mostly all glass door. I traded him work for the rent because of my situation. I put a bathroom/washroom in the back 10 feet or so. Put a small kitchen and efficiency apt in the rest of it with a loft. I could wake up and sit up in my bed and look out over the lake every morning. One of the coolest places I have lived so far. I would do it again if the opportunity arises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tiny house on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                        Tiny house on wheels
                        Tuff Shed conversions. Checkin them out on Youtube right now

Comment

If you do an RV definitely put a cover over it. They just don’t hold up well long term in the weather for long periods of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Absolutely.. all day any day park it, plumb it in, build a cover for it and a deck around it, remote shower house etc. We had one parked for about 10 yrs before we built on the land
                            Last edited by WalkieTalkie; 03-26-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Look at a park model RV. Metal roof and hardiplank siding. Regular plumbing fixtures and ac unit like a house. We have one on Fork. Not as much maintenance as a travel trailer. Don't go near as much as we used to though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X