Cable Serving Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cable Serving Wear

This is a pic of a worn spot on my Outback--had a near identical one in the same spot on my DXT which just got the cables 'n strings replaced.

Any idea what causes this type of wear? Is it just normal wear from shooting for 2 years or is there a rough spot on the cam groove? Can't feel or see one however.

Mine does the same thing on my bear. It's where it makes a sharp bend on the cam.

Comment

Looks like where it breaks on that hard bend of your cam. Bends are hard on serving

Comment

Mathews will do that. Of the strings where served with halo serving it would help a lot. It will where quicker also if a bow is out of time. Both my switchback xt and DXT where bad about it

Comment

there is a great video on the mathews site of one of their staff shooters addressing this very issue. a little dap of super glue both up/down stream of the seperation area will keep the serving from moving.

Comment

I prefer to serve over the seperation twice with dental floss. I have had that lat for 2 or 3 years or till I changed strings and cable.

Comment

Comment

Thanks folks--appreciate the input

Comment

I'm not a fan of putting super glue on a string or cable. Fletch tight would be my choice if I were to use any type of glue. Super glue will get brittle in time and it becomes abrasive and cause more damage to the cable.

I would, and have, used braided serving on my cable where it be has separated, after the cables have stretched out. Once the cable stretches out and it is reserved I haven't had a problem with further separation of the serving.

Comment

I'm not a fan of super glue on strings either but it works sometimes. Have it reserved really tight with .014 halo and you will be good to go. It cuts down on the diameter and will fix the problem instead of just putting it off.

Comment

Working...
                    X