Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Gift

Hey guys,

Apparently I accidentally dropped enough hints pre-holidays to be annoying about it. My fiance picked up a Canon T5 package for me with a 75-300mm lens kit. I'm so excited that it's just silly, but as soon as I started handling the camera I realized I knew....little to nothing about cameras. I'm wondering if anyone has a good, 'never shot before' guidebook for DSLRs?

LaS

I cannot remember the name of the company, something light Lantern Press or Lighthouse Press, but they publish books for specific camera bodies that are easy to read and understand.
    I would go to Amazon dot Com and search for your specific camera. You will be surprised at how many guide books will come up. I have used them for every DSLR I have owned.
    As younknow, the manual that comes with the camera is not a good teaching aid.

Comment

Understanding Exposure is a great book.

Comment

YouTube was my best friend.

Comment

Youtube buddy

Comment

Hey guys,

I rooted up a Barnes & Noble giftcard I have and I found a couple of books that deal with my camera body. Looking for opinions.

David Busch Book

David Taylor Book

For Dummies

Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by jdma View Post
              Understanding Exposure is a great book.

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-...nding+exposure
              This

Exposure control is one of the hardest things to understand, but is so important. Auto works, but you can do so much more in manual.

Comment

You can find just about any camera body discussed on youtube. I read my manual going through the features then look for youtube videos for details. My suggestion for a book would be "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson (already recommended). My opinion of course but I'd save your money on the other books. Good luck.

Check out this link.

Comment

X1000 for understanding exposure by Bryan Peterson. I'm new to photography and am already taking photos I never dreamed possible. Google, youtube and most importantly, get out of auto mode and shoot in manual. Just wait....now you will be dreaming of new lenses with low f/stops and primes and wide angles etc. It is very addicting. Start saving for lenses now!

Comment

I found Tony Northrups " How to Create Stunning Digital Photography" helpful. He and his wife Chelsea work together and they do great tutorial videos. Plus Chelsea ain't bad on the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Man View Post
                      I found Tony Northrups " How to Create Stunning Digital Photography" helpful. He and his wife Chelsea work together and they do great tutorial videos. Plus Chelsea ain't bad on the eyes.
                      Agreed on both counts. They are pretty great at making tutorial videos and reviews.

Comment

My mom and dad bought my almost 16yr old daughter a big Nikon camera kit. She has already been taking camera classes and reading a lot online about taking pic. She is planing on trying to get a business going so when she goes to college she will have a way to make money. She started a FB page for her photos and already been contacted by a few people to purchase some of her photos. What's funny the pics they want, she took with her phone she bought herself berfoe Thanksgiving. Most of the pics came from my parents ranch.

Comment

Working...
                        X