Wife's knee surgery on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife's knee surgery on Monday

So this has been a long time coming but Linda's knee surgery is finally scheduled for Monday with Dr Sean Gallagher in Austin. She has been dealing with a lot of pain (sometimes heavy and sometimes light) and a lot of swelling due to the torn meniscus and meniscus cyst that developed. She loves to get outside to garden and landscape and she has been severely restricted for a while. This has caused her a substantial amount of frustration and depression by not being able to do these things and not even being 50 years old like me (she reminds me all the time that I am older).

The reasons why this has been a long time coming has a lot to do with her fear of the cost (we are on Medi-Share) and being put under for surgery of any kind. Another cause of delays has been the facility not understanding and knowing how to work with Medi-Share. The facility kept trying to get us to pay for everything up front in full and there were times when Linda would throw her hands up and want to give up. I am so thankful we didn't. After a couple of months of going back and forth and numerous calls and emails everything has finally lined up and all providers and facilities have their stuff in order and everything is approved. Everything has been great with Dr Sean Gallagher and Linda is very impressed with him.

I am so thankful that everything has finally lined up and this is scheduled for Monday the 29th. There have been a ton of prayers and lots of exercising our patience to get to this point. We are continuing to pray that this resolves her pain and mobility problems with her right knee and Linda can get back to doing what she loves.

Thanks for listening

You are in great hands... Gallagher is one of the best orthos in Austin and I know nearly every one of them by first name.

Good luck!

Comment

Prayers for a quick recovery!

Comment

Thanks guys
        She is really starting to worry about going under anesthesia. I'm trying to keep her mind off of that topic and reassuring her that it will all go as planned. Just trust in God.

Comment

Good luck to her Dan! Anesthesia is a piece of cake. First the margarita to get her settled then the next thing she'll know she is waking up..

Hope all goes well!

Comment

Prayers Sent!!

Comment

Had both of mine done in October and November 2017. No issues with the any of it. I had 2 tears in both knees and a cyst in one.

Prayers up for a speedy recovery. Ice is very good and don’t try and do to much afterwards even if your not hurting. It came back and bit me in the backside on my second one.

Comment

Glad she is getting it done and prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery!

Comment

Thank you guys.
                  Love my wife to death but wow is she ever an over-thinker and a worrier.
                  So many "What ifs" and "What abouts" today.

Comment

Surgery went well yesterday and Dr Sean Gallagher was great. He updated me after the surgery and provided a lot of pictures of before and after with great explanations.
                    We arrived at the hospital at 5am and got registered/checked in then the big wait starts.
                    They finally kicked me out and wheeled Linda into surgery around 7:30am and I had an update from Dr Sean Gallagher by 8:30am.
                    We finally got out of the hospital at about 11am and made it home by noon.

Linda doesn't have much pain and is able to get around very well without assistance. Much better than I was expecting. It is just difficult keeping her immobile and ice on it as instructed. She wants to get up and get around and I understand that.

Linda was (and still is) having lingering issues recovering from the anesthesia. They elected not to give her some meds to counter that but instead elected to have her use peppermint oil on a cloth to breath through when it gets bad. I had never heard of that before but it works. It is just taking a longer time for her to not feel nauseous.

Comment

Thank you all for the prayers!

Comment

Good to hear Dan!. Glad she is getting around

Comment

Working...
                        X