Suppressor input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor input

I am strongly considering dropping the $1k and getting into the suppressor game. I have received a little input over the past few weeks, but still want to hear what you guys have to say.....
    Here are the three I have considered so far, in this order: Nomad 30, Omega 30, & SilencerCo Hybrid.
    Primarily would be used on .17 Hornet, .223, .22-250, 6.5 Creedemore, and 7mm WSM

Anybody have an opinion for or against any of these?

Thanks

My vote is for SAS ARBITER OR THUNERBEAST 30 cal both titanium with very little to no poi shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My vote is the omega. If you direct thread and flat cap it's one of the shortest cans out there but still one of the quietest.

Comment

I absolutely love my Hybrid. Great suppression on 300BLk and 308 it probably wouldnt suppress the 17 though. I put it on a 22 and it did not suppress it at all.

Comment

Silencer Co Omega

Comment

Unless you need the diameter offering of the Hybrid over the Omega or Nomad I wouldn’t consider it. Both the Omega and Nomad are a good bit lighter, and a couple inches shorter. If SBRs are your game then Nomad hands down. No barrel length restrictions, and a much better built can. If short barrels aren’t then I don’t think you can go wrong with either choice. If you do go Omega then choose a different mount other than the SilencerCo ASR. Run it direct thread, or Area 419, Dead Air, and Q all make QD options for it. All 3 are considerably better. The Omega in direct thread configuration is a couple ounces lighter than the Nomad, so that’s something to consider as well. Personally you’ll never notice a difference between the two suppression wise unless you’re firing them back to back.

Comment

If you are going to do it due it right the 1st time. I have many different suppressors and if I had to pick only 1 i would keep the Thuderbeast ultra 9 in 30 cal

Comment

Q trash panda. Quiet, lite, soild qd mount. For a first can get a multi cal can and weight is a big issue that far at the end of your barrel.

Comment

Like mine

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                  My vote is the omega. If you direct thread and flat cap it's one of the shortest cans out there but still one of the quietest.
                  Yep

Comment

I would agree on the multi can that is light weight. I doubt there is much noticeable difference in sound reduction between cans of the same length and diameter.

Comment

I’ve got a Hybrid in jail but my buddies is really nice. I have a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 that’s been great. I think any of the ones you named would be fine. Sorry I’m no help!

Comment

Forget the .17, but I’ve been happy with my AAC snd6, but it’s heavy! My TB Ultra 7 should be in my possession very soon. Sorry, I have no experience with the ones you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got to test and use the Hybrid and am extremely impressed. Shot it on everything from a 223 to 308 to 338 Lap.

It gets my vote.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Thanks for the input fellas

Comment

Only suggestion I can give you is to go ahead & get a 22 rimfire can at the same time if you can afford it...I know you don't have it listed but everyone needs a suppressed 22.

Comment

Working...
                              X