Cedar park deer lease 1431/Sam bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cedar park deer lease 1431/Sam bass

I thought a couple of our members hunt that area...
    Bad news-

It was just a matter of time. There are a lot of rooftops in the area and it has plenty to keep it busy

Comment

Yep. I’ve seen deer and pigs there. Nice deer was hit on the highway.
      Guess those animals will just get pushed out of town or find residence in among the houses along Sam bass or that metro park.

Comment

Saw one of the biggest deer I’ve ever seen on the hoof at the old road side park at 1431 and I-35 one night. Always wanted to hunt in that area back west towards the rock quarry.

Comment

It's almost done
          Lots of deer shot some with rubber blunts in the fire station yard a couple years ago

Comment

I have caught some good hogs right there.
            Crushed Stone is about to get a major influx of Deer and hogs it looks like.

Comment

Dang that's not far from the house. I use 1431 and Sam Bass to avoid traffic. Guess not much longer.

Comment

Power lines coming in....Bringing thread alive. Any new news?

Comment

How depressing man. I’ve lived in Leander all my life and used to fish that area of brushy creek and there was nothing around here for miles. Now it’s just turning into a complete concrete jungle. The traffic is out of control and it is really a pain to get around anymore.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, But are they talking about the SE corner of 1431 and Sam Bass? I know there are power lines going in right there. If so...does anyone remember when all that was under water some years back?

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                      I know this is an old thread, But are they talking about the SE corner of 1431 and Sam Bass? I know there are power lines going in right there. If so...does anyone remember when all that was under water some years back?
                      NW corner of intersection and back west towards Cesar Park. USTA(tennis) is bringing their HQ and 20 to 30 Tennis courts and facilities. Yes a Domain type project is also moving out that way. Power lines have nothing to do with any of that as it just bringing more power from the West.

Comment

I grew up right there off of Sam Bass. Family named Borho used to own that ranch if I remember right. Lots of deer around. NO surprise at all that it's getting all city-fied.

Neighborhood kid was killed at that intersection back in about 93. He ran a 50 second quarter mile as a freshman and was killed in the fall of his sophomore year. He died on the NE corner. I doubt there's still anything to mark it. RIP Jeff.

Comment

I spent many a day hunting and fishing the south east corner of that intersection....before and after 1431 was built. My great uncle owned a section of land there. There are some really nice deer there not to mention the fishing.

Comment

Live off 1431 right before Sam Bass. Lots of deer in that area and traffic is getting terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                              I grew up right there off of Sam Bass. Family named Borho used to own that ranch if I remember right. .
                              Ha. I used to lease that from Borho.

Comment

Working...
                              X