Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drilled my first pig with a wac em four blade 2 weeks and 2 days ago.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Rocky Mountain 100 grain, don't remember the exact model

Comment

Thunderhead 125 in 1999 and still using thunderheads

Comment

Savora. The year was 1978. The bow was a Bear Whitetail II , Easton aluminum arrow with feathers. The sight was no more than brass screws with a rectangular "guard" No release, I used a calf hair tab. Them wuz the days !

Comment

Wasp jackhammer

Comment

125 gr Razorback on 2219 aluminum shaft. Had my Bow turned up so high they were to bent to use after 12 shots. Hunting public land (Richland chambers type II) Sprayed some Pete Rickards synthetic doe in heat on a bush and 15 minutes later he came in nose in the air. Been 30 years but I can close my eyes and still see it. Funny how hunts stay with you.

Comment

Muzzy baby! Bad to the bone.

And it was. I shot a doe and hit her square through the hindquarters. At the time I was shooting an 80# bow with ACC 3-71 arrows, 31" draw length and 125 grain 3 blade Muzzys.

Blew completely though that deer and shattered both femurs. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
                  Drilled my first pig with a wac em four blade 2 weeks and 2 days ago.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
                  Heck yeah...Congrats!!

Comment

Zwickey black diamond on a spike at 15 yards using a 45lb recurve. Was my first deer ever. Hit double lung with the orange 2117 eastons.

Comment

Good stuff guys. I’m enjoying reading these.

The ole aluminum arrows and brass pins brings back some memories. Lol

Comment

100 gr Spitfire on a 200lb pig. Clean pass through with a Mathews LX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

100gr 2 blade rage. Can remember the hunt well. Was hunting just outside sanderson.
                          Seeing bunch of Mule deer. Tried to draw a few times and had to let down, some how my pants got caught between the bottom cam and string and derailed my bow while letting down. We are out in the middle of nowhere so we improvised and used a ratchet strap as a bow press along with the gun rack on my 4 wheeler.
                          Well finally after several hours we got it put back together and shooting good.
                          The next morning I had several does come in and took a shot. She fell within sight and I had my first bow kill!!
                          Crazy how sometimes it all comes together.

Comment

3 blade Satellite can't remember size but it was copper colored. Easton 2213 with 45# York compound. 1989 I was 11 and my first real bow hunt. First light had 2 50# hogs on a corn pile at 10yds. I aimed dead center and drilled one right in the guts. I was shaking so bad and felt numb. It wasn't my first kill but was my first with a bow and close range. I had never felt that way before. Few minutes later had another small group come in and I couldn't pull my bow. I tried like crazy till I eventually spooked them off.

Walked a hole in the ground waiting on my dad to get done and come get me. Took an hour or so but we found her. Might as well have been #500!

I was hooked and the feeling I had that day has consumed the rest of my life.

Comment

Cheap Allen 3 blades from Wal Mart

Comment

Viper trick on a boar hog last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X