Attractants for axis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attractants for axis?

Has anyone used attractants for whitetail deer for hunting axis? If you did what was it and how did you use it

We use alfalfa it seems to be the best. Wt will smash it too though.

Comment

^This or chaffaye works great for axis.

Comment

Yea I'm gonna throw alfalfa out also, I have a neat hunt this week and the guide said to bring some alfalfa and other attractants to put out in my pasture

Comment

Good luck on your hunt! I have also head that they like peppermint but I have not tried it

Comment

I'm thinking about buying a bag of the BIG AND J either one of the liquid ones or the granular and seeing if they come up to it

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdacious View Post
              Good luck on your hunt! I have also head that they like peppermint but I have not tried it

Whitetail like peppermint also. I always forget to bring alfalfa to our place.

Comment

Are there any attractants that are strong enough to pull the from everyone's leases to my backyard in Wylie?

Comment

Originally posted by cripsol View Post
                  Are there any attractants that are strong enough to pull the from everyone's leases to my backyard in Wylie?

The big and j claims to be a long range attractant that's why I'm thinking of trying that

Comment

Originally posted by MOY View Post
                    The big and j claims to be a long range attractant that's why I'm thinking of trying that
                    Where can you get that at? I'd like to try something out at our place. Going to put alfalfa out as well.

Comment

Well my local academy has them so does bass pro shop, other than that I haven't seen them at feed stores yet so you may have to order them

Comment

Originally posted by cripsol View Post
                        Just have my wife come spend a ton of money in your flower beds. I promise the deer will be there in no time

Comment

Working...
                        X