Rice Bran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rice Bran

What are the nutritional specs on it?Is there anywhere around FTW to get it? and how do you feed it?

We use it our mounted unit to aid in digestion, it's high in fat content. The main reason we use it is because the horses have a harder time digesting because of the hot climate that we work in. There are more reasons, if you can send me your email address I will send you the right up that explains it better. We use the liquid form and put a couple of squirts every morning on the grain.

Comment

We buy in bulk from eagle lake and just pour it into troughs. Cows eat it well enough.

Comment

I have tried to feed it to deer and they avoid the area where it was dumped out until it all gets eaten by coons.

Comment

I've fed rice bran in a tub as an attractant and my deer will clean up 50# in two days.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
            I've fed rice bran in a tub as an attractant and my deer will clean up 50# in two days.
            x2

Comment

Originally posted by texas bound View Post
              What are the nutritional specs on it?Is there anywhere around FTW to get it? and how do you feed it?
              I feed Rice Bran pretty regularly. I just dump the whole bag on the ground. I'm not near FTW but the feed store I buy from has it listed as ...
              12% Protein
              12% Fat
              12% Fiber.

Comment

WesTex1 Where do you get the liquid form of Rice Bran.

We started using it last year for deer and they absolutely annihilated it every time we put it out. Now just about everyone on our lease uses it. My understanding is that it is what makes up the bulk of c'mere deer and other attractants like it.

Comment

Just came across this after reading your post. Don't know the guy or know anyone who does.

Comment

Working...
                  X