Low Fence: Lamar County Buck Down w/ Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Fence: Lamar County Buck Down w/ Video

I've watched the green screen from the bench a lot over the last few years and also subscribe to the journal. Last week I finally got something worth sharing. I thought you guys might enjoy these pics and video. I know this isn't a B&C giant but he's local, 5.5 year old low fence buck!

I was also very lucky to capture my kill shot on my moultrie m-80 game camera. Most kill shots are shown from the hunters perspective but this one is from ground level and shows the full pass through, so make sure you check out the video below.

After getting a few pics of this buck in early October I turned all my hunting attention to this deer. Last Thursday evening after work I got into my stand about 5:45 pm here in Lamar County (near Paris). I saw a few does around moving around sunset. At around 7:03 I heard something walking up behind my stand. About a minute later this feller walked right up to my little corn pile. I instantly recognized him by his long brow tine that I had seen in game cam pics. At 7:06 PM I shot him w/ my ghost 400 quartering away at exactly 20 yards. He ran around 50 yards, stopped, then fell over dead. I was using an Easton Headhunter bolt with a 125 G5 Montec and a Lumenok (ECC).

I stayed in the stand for about 30 more minutes just to make sure he was done. I walked up to him and checked him out for a few minutes. It is so cool to actually look over a deer you have studied in pictures extensively. One of my buddies and my dad were already on their way to help me drag him out and get some pics.

I had our local TPWD biologist score him to see if he was big enough to be submitted to the TBGA. A lot of people say what their deer score but who knows how it was measured and what each measurement was. I figured I would just show you guys the whole score sheet.

Video of the shot:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Earlier in the month

Texts to hunting buddy

Broadhead exiting the deer with light trail from lumenok

My favorite pic

From the side

Big healthy body

His TBGA score sheet

Great buck, but couldn't get video to work.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Congrats on a great deer!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
        Great buck, but couldn't get video to work.
        Try it again, if it doesn't work try

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhAlBhwvVdI"]Buck Shot with Ghost 400 Captured on Moultrie M-80 Camera - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

That one worked! Nice.

Comment

Congratulations
            Thanks for sharing

Comment

totally awesome ...thanks for that

Comment

Well done

Comment

Great job and cool picks

Comment

Congratulations on a very nice buck. Great video.

Comment

Congrats cool vedio

Comment

awesome. love the video

Comment

Awesome video! Great buck too

Comment

Good job! Nice buck. Enjoyed it.

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Working...