7mm-08 Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by venisonhuntr View Post
    Looking for some ideas on factory ammo for my 7mm-08. Will be strictly target and whitetail only.
    You do understand you will need to fit the ammo to the rifle. My rifle will not shoot Hornadys worth a hoot and a holler, Winchester BST are tack drivers. Use what your rifle shoots well, most bullets will kill just fine

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
      140gr Nosler Ballistic puts them down.
      yes, yes it does.....The trauma is crazy, they are either DRT of go about 15 yds. My wife has about .5" groups at the range with it too. Loaded up on it this year, her Tikka loves it.

Comment

Believe it or not, my 7mm-08 shoots Core Loks lights out. Never had a negative thing to say about them. But the ammo I am using is a couple of years old.

Comment

ttt

Comment

I just found out yesterday that my Ruger American in 7mm-08 loves Federal Fusion in 140 gr.

Comment

For the Accubond and NBT guys, generally speaking, what would be more ideal for whitetail? I'm assuming the NBT if the Accubonds are designed to stay together on heavier game but would like clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                For the Accubond and NBT guys, generally speaking, what would be more ideal for whitetail? I'm assuming the NBT if the Accubonds are designed to stay together on heavier game but would like clarification.
                Either ones. You'll definitely not have a problem smashing shoulders and probably getting pass throughs with the AB, but for Texas sized whitetails I wouldn't be afraid to shoot either one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hard to beat that Hornady SST for terminal performance.
                  If you have the barrel to burn up the Superformance and your gun likes it, it is superb ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    Accubond. Just my opinion of course (some will disagree), but I wouldn't shoot a deer with a BT. Even in something mild like the 7mm-08. I'm a firm believer in an exit wound. Deer don't drop every single time, and I want two holes in him if he runs.

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
                      Accubond. Just my opinion of course (some will disagree), but I wouldn't shoot a deer with a BT. Even in something mild like the 7mm-08. I'm a firm believer in an exit wound. Deer don't drop every single time, and I want two holes in him if he runs.

Since both bullets are designed the same with the exception of the AB being bonded anything the BT will do the AB will do better but we have not had any problem getting exit wounds with BT's

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        Since both bullets are designed the same with the exception of the AB being bonded anything the BT will do the AB will do better but we have not had any problem getting exit wounds with BT's
                        Are you shooting shoulders or vitals? We shoot all of our deer center to high shoulder, so want something to punch through. We are a big fan of the Barnes bullets.

Comment

Rifle barrels and ammo preferences are just like guys and beer or trucks---got to try them to find the right one.

Comment

Working...
                          X