Shielding gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shielding gas

And know what 75/25 cost looking to get a 80cf bottle filled also is that the best mix to use will just be doing small lite stuff I have a Lincoln 149 if that helps thanks

best bet would be to just call up some welding supply shops in your area and get pricing. I've always used 75/25, but Draco on here is worlds ahead of me in welding knowledge and experience and he has recommended using co2. Much more cost effective and just as efficient

Comment

$55

Comment

Thinking I pay about $10-$15 for a 125 cu. ft. refill

Comment

I use CO2

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

$20.00 is fair price for an 80cuft C25. CO2 is less expensive, burns hotter, but spatters more.

Comment

Originally posted by Cultured Hick View Post
              $20.00 is fair price for an 80cuft C25. CO2 is less expensive, burns hotter, but spatters more.
              I’m wanting to minimize the splatter as much as possible

Comment

I pay $25 for 55cuft 75/25.

Comment

Originally posted by jgard View Post
                  I’m wanting to minimize the splatter as much as possible
                  Then C25 would be your best bet.

Comment

I pay $27 for a 125 bottle. I would guess you should be able to get a 80 cf bottle for around $20. I assume you are welding mild steel, get a 75/25 bottle, you will be fine.

Comment

CO2 spatters more, but not that much more. Watch your stick-out and your feed rate and you can nearly eliminate spatter with CO2. Because it burns a little hotter, it is good with 120V welders and can help maximize work within the duty cycle.

cricman

Comment

Well hell I pulled price on a full bottle not a refill I guess. Or im taking it up the rear on my smaller one cuz that sounded about right. Nm. But 75/25 is what I use

Comment

Thanks for all the help have been flux core welding for years and now wanting to get into the shielding gas

Comment

You already have a cylinder? 20-30 for a cylinder swap/refill. I suggest just doing a cylinder swap much easier for all involved instead of insisting on getting your's refilled we will do it but expect to come back the next day to get it so if your in a hurry just swap em. If you are needing to purchase a cylinder looking at $50-100 off the top of my head so don't quote me on that.

Comment

No more welding than you probably do, 75/25 is what you want but if you are going to do a lot of welding in the future then go to CO2. CO2 bottles come half full of liquid CO2 and the pressure is constant, about 700psi depending on temps. CO2 will last over 4 times longer than a mix bottle and costs about one forth as much. Splatter with CO2 is because people don't keep the nozzle close enough to the work when welding.

Comment

Working...
                              X