No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice deer there Sharecropper. River bottom?

Comment

Hunted with the smoke pole this morning, because I was worried about the rain. Of course, when I pulled the cards this guy was at the feeder (20 yards from my bowstand) for 30 minutes while I was about 500 yards away in a tower blind. Do y’all think this guy has a chance at P&Y? Love his tine length. First pics we’ve had of him, so he may just be passing through looking for love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        Pm sent
        Don’t be all stingy with the info. Have folks hunting off 83 around one of the boat ramps.

Comment

Originally posted by aggiehunter3 View Post
          Hunted with the smoke pole this morning, because I was worried about the rain. Of course, when I pulled the cards this guy was at the feeder (20 yards from my bowstand) for 30 minutes while I was about 500 yards away in a tower blind. Do y’all think this guy has a chance at P&Y? Love his tine length. First pics we’ve had of him, so he may just be passing through looking for love.

Yessir, he's a P&Y easy... high 30's at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
            Nice deer there Sharecropper. River bottom?
            Yes . . Changed my whole way of thinkin about big deer . . Those pics were "inside the woods" . . Whodathunkit . . Dilly Dilly! ! . .

Comment

Score?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post

Score?

Not much on score, but MAN what a toad!! That sucker is either a protein hound or been eatin' good somehwere!! I'd shoot that sucker in a New York Minute!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                  Yes . . Changed my whole way of thinkin about big deer . . Those pics were "inside the woods" . . Whodathunkit . . Dilly Dilly! ! . .
                  And it's 75 yds from a fenced feeder on the edge of the woods . . Go figure . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post

Score?

Is he pregnant?!

Comment

Here we go. Last weekend for does.

Man it is windy. I’m 10’ off the ground on a ridge in the middle of a hay pasture and it’s kicking up here.

Comment

Slick heads come on out . Good wind for my field blind.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                          Slick heads come on out . Good wind for my field blind.
                          I haven’t seen a stinkin’ thing and am getting bored (it doesn’t help that I’m sleepy as all get outs LOL).

Comment

Nothing here. First Saturday morning hunt with more then an hour and fifteen minutes. This is the weekend for blood!

Comment

Nothing but real young deer moving here so far. A little 4pt and 2 yearlings. I shot there mom 2 weeks ago
                              Attached Files

Comment

I guess the does know I’n gunning for them. My dads seen a few but he won’t shoot one. Highlight of my morning was a flock of teal flying across our pasture headed north. You know it’s warm when teal are headed the other direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X