No announcement yet.

SS@G Northwind ,My hunting fishing camping boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got the stems covered in glass and the first two coats of epoxy and graphite put on

one more coat and then a final sanding to the rest of the hull and start work on finishing it while the bottom coat gets hard.
    Ron

Comment

two coats of varnish on ,one more sanding and then another coat , should be able to call it good then ,she is starting to shine
      Ron

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Fantastic! I wouldn't have the patients to build one, but it looks fantastic.

Comment

Awesome skills
            Looks Great!

Comment

Great Yak, no great Kayak!!

Comment

Beautiful boat!
                Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

wow that is an awsome boat mad skills

Comment

Wow thats freakin awesome. Great work.

Comment

Looks Great! Awesome Build!

Comment

Mad skills right there!

Comment

Great looking boat.

Comment

I am doing this a little different than most boat reviews. I decided I was going to put some miles on the North Wind and paddle in as many different environments as possible before I wrote this up,so here we go.
                            This boat is 17 ft 2 inches long bye 28 ½ wide finished weight was 54 lbs ,not a little boat by any stretch of the imagination

When I built the deck I set it up for a 58 qt cooler ad the capability to carry 8 rods all that worked out well
                            And the places for the rod holders are also used when I just pull up and want to bank fish or troll.

She has been slimed

Been paddled tandem

Loaded heavy

Stability is awesome ,my seat is 11 1;2 inches high and I never feel tippy.
                            Paddling speed is awesome ,if your paddling beside most yaks you have to back off a lot because just paddling at a normal cadence you will walk off and leave them.
                            Comfort and weight carry capabilities are great ,as you add weight she just doesn’t notice it at all and the 7 ft cockpit is easy in and out, two 5 ft enclosed decks carry a lot of gear. A note here she does like to be loaded tail heavy.
                            This last weekend we paddled 14 miles loaded 7 up and 7 downriver,shallows ,deep holes , going through blow downs with a lot of current .she just handles it all in stride , the hull is slick enough to paddle upriver better than any boat I own.
                            I have to rate this boat head and shoulders above any boat I have ever paddled . I guess that says it all.
                            Ron

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X