Not a Monster, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a Monster, but...

Well, went to the lease yesterday afternoon and got in the Double Bull around 3:00 p.m. When I got there, there was a bunch of corn on the ground and figured the feeder had gone off. Wind was blowing a bit, so I stayed fairly cool in the blind, and after an hour had passed, I was startled when the feeder went off. Heck, I thought to myself, this corn was from the morning spin.

After about a 2-hour sit, noticed a covey of quail that had gathered under the feeder and it was entertainment for the next 30-minutes. Finally, something startled them and they took off. I picked up the bow, but nothing.

Put the bow down and continued to sit. About 30-minutes before dark, a horn appeared out of nowhere and it stepped into view at 12-yards. It was a 3-point that has been eating a bunch of my corn. I've been eyeing this deer and a spike that have been tearing up the feeder, and knew that one of them would be gone when he stepped out.

I picked up the Mathews z7, watched him for about 10 more minutes, waiting for him to turn broadside. FINALLY, he turned at 10-yards and I came up, aimed and POW. He ran off, but not in a mad dash, and a moment later, I hear him making all kinds of noise and trashing around. It was still light, but I grabbed my flashlight, went to where I shot and saw blood. I found my arrow covered in blood. I started the trail and in about 35-yards, found him. The hit was right on the shoulder, but angled back a bit and took out both lungs. Like I said, not a monster deer, but he will be my cull.

Cool cull buck! Nice broadhead hole too!

Comment

congrats cool frijoles

Comment

Nice One...

Comment

congrats

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats..

Comment

Way to go!

Comment

Congrats Bobby.

Dale would be proud of that Mercedes logo broadhead hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the cull, nice shot

Comment

Nice shot....... Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X