This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wackmaster View Post
    Has anybody ever hunted Elephant Mountain mule deer? Any advice would be wonderful. Yes I searched, no I not find any useful information (to the search nazis, you know who you are).

Hunted once on a youth doe hunt a couple years ago. Saw nothing but Bucks and one was a monster that walked within 17 yds of us. Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by Wackmaster View Post
      Has anybody ever hunted Elephant Mountain mule deer? Any advice would be wonderful. Yes I searched, no I not find any useful information (to the search nazis, you know who you are).
      Yes. It depends greatly on how much water the area has gotten.

Lots of rain will make it very tough hunting.

I posted a long thread about our hunt 3-4 years ago.

Comment

I have been applying since I originally moved to Bay City and worked at the nuke plant in 1991 and first learned of the Public Drawn Hunts. I drew my first tag in 2005, and then was unable to go as my best friend was dying of cancer at the time of the hunt. I returned the permit after paying for it months earlier. Then it was another long dry spell for a while. I was drawn this year for Choke Canyon Archery Deer, with only 7 points. Surprised the heck out of me. Most of the really good hunts have taken me 12-15 points to draw. I'm kinda a nerdy numbers guy and the trend since the change has been a steady increase in the number of applicants for every hunt in every category. Oh well, if you don't play, you can't win I guess!!!

Comment

Wife and I selected for Chaparral Archery Jan 2nd -5th. Nice surprise as I have been out the past couple of days and just checked my email. FWIW - we had 8 and 9 loyalty points.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
            Hunted once on a youth doe hunt a couple years ago. Saw nothing but Bucks and one was a monster that walked within 17 yds of us. Pm sent
            Got your message, sir. I will give you a call as soon as I get a chance. I work nights so it will probably be in the early morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              Yes. It depends greatly on how much water the area has gotten.

Lots of rain will make it very tough hunting.

I posted a long thread about our hunt 3-4 years ago.
              Roger that, that makes sense. I found your thread, looks like you had fun even though you did not kill a deer. That is some beautiful countryside. Sorry to hear you lost that buck.

Comment

0-4 now

Spring turkey hunt is all I have left.

Comment

0-6 on the Texas Draw Hunts!!

Maybe it's sign that I will win the Big Time Texas hunt!

Comment

The FIL and I got selected for Mason Mountain guided waterbuck as well as Laguna Atascosa archery exotic. Not bad for second year entering the draw. We got selected for kickapoo last year on a archery WT hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by calfroper_06 View Post
                      The FIL and I got selected for Mason Mountain guided waterbuck as well as Laguna Atascosa archery exotic. Not bad for second year entering the draw. We got selected for kickapoo last year on a archery WT hunt.
                      Some people have all the luck. I'm about 0-25 or so in the last few years of putting in.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                        Some people have all the luck. I'm about 0-25 or so in the last few years of putting in.
                        I typically have the bad luck. We put in around 30 hunts each year.

Comment

2015 One preference point!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am 0’fer so far...

Comment

Anyone else picked for Choke Canyon or Fort Boggy only to have them withdraw your tag?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                                Anyone else picked for Choke Canyon or Fort Boggy only to have them withdraw your tag?
                                Me!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X