Live manhunt in Bandera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
    .. i come back to car to a kicked out back window and no suspect.. make a LONG story short, he was quickly located and charged..

Charged, like tased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was told yesterday evening that he might be working his way down FM462, from Tarpley. I called all the neighbors and told them to pull all their keys and lock the doors...and pay attention if the dogs bark.

Monday evening, about 1630 ish? I turned onto 470 and was stopped at a makeshift checkpoint and told who they were looking for. They had officers all over the road, several departments. Can’t say I saw any K-9 units.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
        Charged, like tased?

Or kicked in the scrotum. That seems like the appropriate course of action to take when someone is handcuffed and an escapee on top of that.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          Charged, like tased?

That may or may not have happened.. plausible deniability is a mans best friend

Comment

I've had my back window kicked out more times than I can count. Previous dept didnt want cages on the windows, due to the look.. i know, smh.. but once, i arrested the lovely gentleman and he decided he wanted some fresh air as i was continuing with my investigation.. i come back to car to a kicked out back window and no suspect.. make a LONG story short, he was quickly located and charged..
            Gotcha. Yeah, seems like you hear about perps kicking out the glass a lot. I'll pose the question of the cages to some good buddies of mine that are cops to see what they say as well. TBH group hunt!!!

Comment

Call in the tracking dogs. After they chewed on him awhile he'd never run again.

Comment

always in on TBH group hunt.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
                -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I hope they get him.

Comment

So, there's no way he was really ever handcuffed, right?

I find it hard to believe that a handcuffed man has this easily evaded the Bandera PD.

Comment

I thought I read he had gotten out of the cuffs then escaped while they were driving down the road. Hopefully they’ll catch him soon.

I’m honestly surprised this is one of the first times this has been as big of a deal in the area of Babdera. I say that because I know Pipe Creek is real close and there are a bunch of druggies that live out there

Comment

I had one get away from me at 3 AM once. We didn't have cages either. Found a stolen weapon in the vehicle and he was intoxicated. I had a rookie partner too.

I told the rookie to watch the suspect while I finished inventorying the vehicle. The suspect was handcuffed and seat belted in the front seat. While inventorying the vehicle a thick fog rolled in. Next thing I know the rookie is standing next to me. I heard a "thump", looked back at the patrol car and couldn't see much due to the takedowns and the fog. I told the rookie to go back and watch the suspect. That's when I heard the rookie yell, "He's gone!" The suspect must have turned and undone the seat belt and the thump I heard was him kicking the door open.

He ran out into a cotton field. I tracked him for along ways but never could catch up to him. And the fog was so thick the flashlights were useless.

About 9 AM someone called in to the SO and said there's a guy leaning against their house handcuffed and bleeding. We roll down there and sure enough it was him. He'd gone about 3 miles across country and no telling how many barb wire fences he had to go through while handcuffed. His clothes were all torn up and he was cut up pretty good too.

I started using a leg strap after that.

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                          I thought I read he had gotten out of the cuffs then escaped while they were driving down the road. Hopefully they’ll catch him soon.

I’m honestly surprised this is one of the first times this has been as big of a deal in the area of Babdera. I say that because I know Pipe Creek is real close and there are a bunch of druggies that live out there
                          I read the same thing, don't know how, but said he managed to slip out of the cuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post

I find it hard to believe that a handcuffed man has this easily evaded the Bandera PD.

Anyone can slip cuffs if they want to bad enough. Especially a thin female tweaker..

Comment

always in on TBH group hunt.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
                              -Ernest Hemingway

So very true

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post

I read one report that said he was handcuffed in the front. That's a dumb move if there ever was one.

Comment

Working...
                                X