Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can do.

I recommend you join a labor force union.

Comment

Can do.

I recommend you join a labor force union.

Comment

Altuve on Osuna

SEATTLE — In his first comments since the Astros' acquisition of Roberto Osuna, second baseman Jose Altuve said the team will "be on the same page" after the embattled reliever joins the club in Los Angeles this weekend.

Charged with one count of assaulting a woman, Osuna's league-mandated 75-game suspension concludes on Sunday. He's scheduled to meet his new team at Dodger Stadium that afternoon.

Osuna's lawyer appeared on his behalf in court on Wednesday. There was a new appearance scheduled for Sept. 5.

"It's really hard for me to get behind a mic and a camera and just fire up a guy when I don't have an idea what really happened," Altuve said. "Some time when things like that happen, you are so focused on the game that you don't pay attention. But now he's one of our teammates, so now you have to be paying attention of the details. He's going to be here any time soon, I don't know when, and after that happens, we're all going to find out what happened. We're a team, so everything we do, we're going to be on the same page."

Comment

I think some of the diligence must not have included talking to Osuna's lawyer...

TORONTO -- A lawyer for former Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Roberto Osuna, who is facing an assault charge, is taking issue with comments from the general manager of his client's new team, the Houston Astros.

The 23-year-old Osuna was arrested in May and charged in a domestic violence case.

ADVERTISEMENT

He was traded to the Astros on Monday, and general manager Jeff Luhnow said the club is "confident that Osuna is remorseful, has willfully complied with all consequences related to his past behavior" and has proactively engaged in counseling.

Osuna's lawyer, Domenic Basile, said Wednesday that his client is remorseful of the circumstances of the situation -- which include being traded and a 75-game suspension -- but plans to plead not guilty.

Osuna's court case has been put over to Sept. 5.

The pitcher was suspended without pay for 75 games in June for violating Major League Baseball's domestic violence policy and is eligible to pitch in the big leagues starting Sunday.

"I think he's remorseful that the circumstances are what they are," Basile said. "But at the end of the day in the criminal court ... his intention is to plead not guilty."

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
            Someone understands how to keep the proper order of things....well done.

Comment

This team doesn't need bad drama. It doesn't matter what the details are, the mere accusations will cause discomfort and division in the clubhouse. Look at the Urban Meyer situation at Ohio State; ALL THE WIVES knew of what was going on with the Smith Domestic Violence and you know the WIVES were telling their husbands what they're opinion was. Whether they listen or not, Baseball is too analytical to have that going through their head. Luhnow has been a tremendous part of this organization and made some fantastic decisions, but this one is perplexing.

Comment

Some clarity to the situation. There’s not a lot out there, but this at least gave me some idea on what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

certainly doesnt sound like theres a video of him or anything... we'll see..
                  is Correa playing in his AAA rehab assignment today?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    certainly doesnt sound like theres a video of him or anything... we'll see..
                    is Correa playing in his AAA rehab assignment today?
                    AA Corpus. Think they are in Fresno Texas

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                      AA Corpus. Think they are in Fresno Texas
                      ahh playin at DR P park?
                      cool its on MiLB tv....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        ahh playin at DR P park?
                        cool its on MiLB tv....
                        How do you watch that? Said he will play 7 innings today at ss

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                          How do you watch that? Said he will play 7 innings today at ss
                          milb.tv got android/iphone apps..as well as the website.. i stream to the TV..

they were running a promotion when i bought it earlier this year...think it was $25-30 buck a year for ALL games

Comment

on at 7:05 tonight.

Comment

Pretty much over the davis experiment

Comment

Close game, but the better team won...Again...

Comment

Working...
                                X