Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
    Again, heck yea!!! It’s on today!!

Between 1st and 2nd? Let me clarify, walk out from beach, hit shoulder deep, back up to waist. Am I now on the 2nd sand bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I’ve been wading out from the beach to the first bar and then going past that to about waist deep and then casting towards the next bar. The best luck I’ve had was getting the bait as close to the 2nd bar as possible. However, yesterday I was in waist deep water just past the first bar and had a 16-18” black tip swim up next to me, could have reached out and grabbed it if I wanted.

Comment

If your on facebook follow "bolivar beach report". guy does a facebook live every morning around 8 am from the beach. gives all the water and weather conditions for the day. He also has a fishing page " Texas Fish Slayers". the guy that does the report is great. he will answer any and all questions.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
        Yes, I’ve been wading out from the beach to the first bar and then going past that to about waist deep and then casting towards the next bar. The best luck I’ve had was getting the bait as close to the 2nd bar as possible. However, yesterday I was in waist deep water just past the first bar and had a 16-18” black tip swim up next to me, could have reached out and grabbed it if I wanted.

Wait, I think I confused myself. Wading from beach getting to about shoulder depth and then it gets shallow to waist.. now I’m on the 1st?

Comment

Post some pics for us that have to spend monday at work
          Attached Files

Comment

Wait, I think I confused myself. Wading from beach getting to about shoulder depth and then it gets shallow to waist.. now I’m on the 1st?

Beach to about waist deep then up to shin deep. That is first bar, keep going to about waist to chest deep and cast out. You should only be about 50yds or less from the beach

Comment

We all appreciate the help!! Gonna give it our best shot today!

Comment

We all appreciate the help!! Gonna give it our best shot today!

Circle hooks work the best but remember don’t jerk. Just hold the rod up and reel slowly when one hits. The hook will set itself

Comment

Circle hooks work the best but remember don’t jerk. Just hold the rod up and reel slowly when one hits. The hook will set itself

That’s what I use for catfish. Been catching lots of hard heads? Picked up some live bait hooks as well.

Comment

That’s what I use for catfish. Been catching lots of hard heads? Picked up some live bait hooks as well.

If the bait cut or dead then you could catch hardheads. The sharks have been feeding on schooling mullet and really want a good live one.

Comment

If the bait cut or dead then you could catch hardheads. The sharks have been feeding on schooling mullet and really want a good live one.

Easiest way to catch mullet? Throw net?

Comment

Easiest way to catch mullet? Throw net?

Yes, a cast net and polarized glasses. Don’t just blind throw. Wait till you see them cruising

Comment

Yes, a cast net and polarized glasses. Don’t just blind throw. Wait till you see them cruising

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                            Post some pics for us that have to spend monday at work

Red Point= where you want your bait to land? Always cast from shore or walk out, cast, then loose spool until you get back to shore?

Comment

It really depends on what you are targeting. I was just trying to find a diagram of the guts for you, I prefer to fish in the water unless I have big rods out for bulls or sharks. Caught this bull on cut croaker past the third bar.

If you are going after small fish, these are great and stay on the hook very well.

Saltwater Fish’n Strips Saltwater Fish’n Strips catch more fish! Fish’n Strips® tough consistency make them the perfect bait for surf fishing from the beach, off a jetty, atop a pier, or from the bridge. Their design virtually guarantees they’ll stay on the hook, even with the most powerful cast and in the most punishing tides.…
                              Attached Files

Comment

Water is tough to fight standing on the bar.. been catching all the little (6-10”) catfish i want.

One thing I’ve learned.. keeping shrimp alive is a chore..

The weather changed and water turned real green. Gonna try this evening for some trout with some newly purchased popping corks.. lol

Am I good for the little blacktips with braid line?

Comment

Working...
                                X