Need input on re-decking a utility trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
    Find a mill and go get you some oak. That’s what I do when trailers at the office need new decking. Durable and can get it cheaper from the mill.
    I have one that I will need to redeck soon. Which mill do you get your oak lumber from?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      I have one that I will need to redeck soon. Which mill do you get your oak lumber from?
      Custom Cut Lumber. They are a few minutes south of Rusk.

Comment

Thanks! There is one south of Gladewater on FM 2207, Lee's Custom Lumber, but I have not checked with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Thanks! There is one south of Gladewater on FM 2207, Lee's Custom Lumber, but I have not checked with them.
          There is one in Mt Enterprise also, he advertises on CL in "Buliding materials" a lot. Rinquest mills or something like that. I have bought wood from him, he is a good guy also. I am going to check out Lee's since he is a lot closer

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            There is one in Mt Enterprise also, he advertises on CL in "Buliding materials" a lot. Rinquest mills or something like that. I have bought wood from him, he is a good guy also. I am going to check out Lee's since he is a lot closer

Comment

C-purlin

Comment

No more than a 1/16" gap on treated or if you do leave bigger, when it dries out and it will dry out you are going to have BIG gaps.

Comment

I am fixing to replace mine with aluminum bleacher planks I found at a junk yard. This will be the last time I ever have to replace the floor in this trailer!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Put treated on the trailer I built back in the mid 80’s. Have not touched it since. Always stored outdoors. IIRC the last board was driven with a sledge to keep the gaps to a minimum when it dried. ��

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      I am fixing to replace mine with aluminum bleacher planks I found at a junk yard. This will be the last time I ever have to replace the floor in this trailer!!!!

Bisch
                      That was a heck of a find!

Comment

Treated and I mop the oil out of my 7.3 on it once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Dont leave gaps. Treated lumber shrinks,doesnt swell. Just look at any deck built with treated lumber.
                          x2

Comment

Apitong

Comment

DO NOT leave gaps....treated boards will shrink!!

Comment

If it sits outside, you will have to replace treated boards also, at least I did. I have thought about putting composite decking boards on mine, but then I tried used oil. it works great. I just bought a new (to me) trailer from a guy that used oil on the boards. They are untreated pine and are about 7 years old, they are in perfect condition

Comment

Working...
                                X