Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building my first custom home Fire Place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a new house and I’m torn between two outdoor fireplaces. I may need help posting videos but one is pretty modern and the other one is a nice mix.

The house is going to be modern country style with a 35x15.5 back porch.

White hardy, white brick and Gray metal siding wrapping the garage.

Looking at the back of the house my outdoor grill and island will be on the left with the fireplace and outdoor patio furniture to the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^ First one and brick painted white.

Second is more like a bench and would be powder coated white, to make the brick or gray to match the metal siding. I could also do black to match the windows and doors.

Comment

The second one is to contemporary for that home in an outdoor setting in my opinion. The first one is the way to roll and trick it out a bit to make it a bit more contemporary with a different brick and glass pebble or stone around the burner. I would not paint brick on one that is going to be around a cranked up flame.
      Are you installing a pool? Conceptually it should carry over into the outdoor area style. Again just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
        The second one is to contemporary for that home in an outdoor setting in my opinion. The first one is the way to roll and trick it out a bit to make it a bit more contemporary with a different brick and glass pebble or stone around the burner. I would not paint brick on one that is going to be around a cranked up flame.

Are you installing a pool? Conceptually it should carry over into the outdoor area style. Again just my opinion.

The plan is to do a pool later.

Comment

Either is goi g to soot up that back wall, and you’ll want something to divert heat away from the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Either is goi g to soot up that back wall, and you’ll want something to divert heat away from the TV.

You think it will being gas?

Comment

Yep.

Comment

I agree with Dale.

Comment

Totally agree with the soot. Stainless “ back splash” or some thing easier to clean ( replace) when needed.

Comment

What purpose will it serve? Putting in water fountains too?

Comment

IN for the build. Interesting modern style and look for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

I don’t understand the purpose either

Against a wall and under a cantilever....I don’t get it

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                            IN for the build. Interesting modern style and look for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                              I don’t understand the purpose either

Against a wall and under a cantilever....I don’t get it

It won’t be under anything like that one just getting ideas for a gas fire place outside. It could look something like that with the brick and maybe a wood beam mantle over it. It’s probably going to be around 8 to 10 feet long.

I was going with 3 gas heaters but the ones I want are around $1800 per and my porch ceilings are 12 foot high so not sure how well they would work. I probably should have just went with a wood fireplace but decided the heaters would put off better heat. The heaters were planed for when we had a lower ceiling out back.

I have one of those little fire pits outback that you get at Lowe’s now but will be going away from using propane tanks so I would like to have something outback that may offer a little heat but more for visual.

Last edited by Black Ice; 02-08-2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X